Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Front end management / upload

Front end management / upload 12 years 8 months ago #14471

As a new user of RS Files, I"m staggered that this seemingly vital feature has been overlooked.
RS Joomla is renowed for their high quality extensions. This is very disapointing to say the least. I didn't even bother checking if this was available prior to purchasing.
As a rule I never allow any site manager into the backend and make sure they never need to.
Please explain when this function will be available?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Front end management / upload 12 years 8 months ago #14483

Hello, my apologies. Seems that this is more than possible... it's just that you call it something I wasn't expecting.

Maintenance allows that user to upload.

The good news is that I now have a handle on all the major functions of all the main "download" components and your's is the best by a shot. Not least of which because it DOES actually use custom Joomla user groups I've created via Andrew Eddies wonderful "Art of User". This allows me to have the same ACL functionality in a J1.5 site as I potentially could have with a 1.6/7 site but without all the loss of other features.

Thanks and again sorry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!