Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Direct Download with editor button

Direct Download with editor button 13 years 1 week ago #13298

• max771
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I tried to implement the direct download feature as posted in your faqs, and it works from the home page, but when I used the editor button to insert files from a folder into an article it doesn't work.
I guess there is an additional file that needs to be changed.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers,

Max
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Direct Download with editor button 13 years 6 days ago #13366

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

In order to achieve this you will have to edit the file "plugins">"system">"rsfiles.php". Here around line 269 you will find the code line:
$download = '<a class="button" href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&view=files&layout=download&path='.$obj->fullpath.$itemid,false).'">'.JText::_('RSFL_DOWNLOAD').'</a>&nbsp;';

you will have to replace:
index.php?option=com_rsfiles&view=files&layout=download&path='.$obj->fullpath.$itemid,false

with:
index.php?option=com_rsfiles&task=download&path='.$obj->fullpath.$itemid,false

Re:Direct Download with editor button 12 years 6 months ago #15155

Hi
I try to do as you explained but nothing change when I click on the link in the article.
Is there other file to edit?
Please help
Thanks
Fabrizio

Re:Direct Download with editor button 12 years 4 months ago #15573

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to disable the details link and download the file directly from the list. Have the instructions changed from what is stated in the FAQ with the new version of RSFiles? I'm not able to get it to work.

Thanks!

Re:Direct Download with editor button 12 years 4 months ago #15586

Thanks for the quick response from my support ticket. Here are the steps to making this modification with the most recent version (1.0.0 rev 9):

In order to achieve this functionality in the latest version please try going to components/com_rsfiles/views/files/tmpl and editing the default.php file. Just search for:

view=files&layout=download&path=

and replace it with

task=download&path=

There should be 2 lines where you need to perform this change. We have updated the documentation on our site as well.

Re:Direct Download with editor button 11 years 2 months ago #21199

• admin89
  • Fresh Boarder
Just tried to realize the direct download "hack" as you discribe it in this post and the FAQ article. But unfortunately it doesn't work, although I made the changes in my override file.

The link is now (I can see it in the status bar of the browser on rolling over the link)

task=download&path=

but still the download detail page is opening.

any idea?

thank you

Re:Direct Download with editor button 11 years 2 months ago #21439

• admin89
  • Fresh Boarder
The scenario only refers to the default RSFiles! files listing page (when using the component's menu item),

in order to have this functionality for the file listing generated by the RSFiles! System plugin you will need to make similar changes, but for the

rsfiles.php file from plugins\system\rsfiles.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!