Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Question on usage of Groups

Question on usage of Groups 13 years 1 month ago #13070

• mlewis12
  • Fresh Boarder
I wish to create groups based upon product purchased. Essentially, a customer will be able to go to support, downloads, and see RSFiles for the products they own.

I create the groups, but it wants me to also pick a Joomla Group? I just want my new groups to control access as I add users to one or more groups, not the default Joomla groups. I'm a bit confused as to why it wants this selection.

I chose registered users and hope that works correctly, but clarification will be appreciated.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Question on usage of Groups 13 years 4 weeks ago #13248

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

RSFiles! groups are based on Joomla! registered groups. You can't really differentiate between site visitors otherwise.

Note that you can have a RSFiles! groups that expands over several Joomla! user groups.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!