Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to override default styles?

How to override default styles? 13 years 5 months ago #12048

Hello,

I'm trying to change the component header to match my template (it uses <h1 class="componentheader">Downloads</h1>, and rsFiles uses <div class="componentheader">Downloads</div>, with no H1, which is bad for SEO, but I digress).

The files that have this are in com_rsfiles/views/files/tmpl. I've tried copying this directory structure to the html directory under my template, to do the template override method for changing these things, but I can't get it to work; it seems to ignore that. I've tried putting the files under templatedir/html/com_rsfiles/views/files/tmpl, templatedir/html/com_rsfiles/views/files, templatedir/html/com_rsfiles/views, and templatedir/html/com_rsfiles, but it doesn't seem to be looking in that location at all, which I think it's supposed to.

I've tried overriding the style for "componentheading" in my main CSS but for some reason it doesn't change the font. Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to override default styles? 13 years 5 months ago #12061

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Have you tried editing the theme area ? Components > RSFiles! > Themes
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:How to override default styles? 13 years 1 week ago #13446

• clint
  • Fresh Boarder
I'd like an answer to this as well. I've attempted a standard Joomla template override, and the com_rsform/views/rsform/tmpl/default.php file has nothing in it to override. I've tried inserting standard template code, but it has no affect. (I realize that this is in the wrong forum, but it still seems relevant.)

The theme area mentioned above has styles and images for the form itself, not the page.

Edit: I was able to accomplish an override of sorts by putting the relevant HTML in the form template. In my case, it looks like this:
<div class="module-title-surround">
  <div class="module-title">
    <h1 class="title">{global:formtitle}</h1>
  </div>
</div>
Last Edit: 13 years 1 week ago by clint.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!