Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: allow user upload of files.....????

allow user upload of files.....???? 13 years 6 months ago #11778

ok, after briefly looking at RSfiles, can you allow a user to uplaod a file, or is it just for downloads?

i have RSformsPro and i want to create a section on my website where a user can upload a file, along with comments, in pretty much any extension. I also want them to be able to delete the file if necessary.

i noticed RSformsPro has something about uploading a file when a form is submitted as well...

basically, i am working on a website where i will take orders for digital prints. they will place the order, then upload the file for us to download and print.

im looking for the best way to manage this. also, looking for a way to manage support tickets along with this. it would be nice if i could tie them all together somehow, the order via joomla, the file to upload and print, then the support ticket for any questions or concerns with the order, and each one reference the other, or at least reference links to the other.

will
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:allow user upload of files.....???? 13 years 5 months ago #12063

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Yes, you can allow users to upload with RSFiles!

If you wish to enable comments on RSFiles! this can be done in two ways:

- incorporate the file download (using RSFiles!) inside an article and add the RSComments! commenting option
- incorporate the comments form directly into the RSFiles! download theme: Components > RSFiles! > Themes

How exactly would you like to tie up support tickets ? Should these be directly related to files ? If this is the case, you can simply simulate this with departments or custom fields.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!