Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to lock a content of the folder

How to lock a content of the folder 13 years 8 months ago #11122

• kgyi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have purchased RS Files and installed it successfully on my netfirms.ca site which support Joomla 1.5.

What we want to do is to create 12 folders containing sub folders and 12 user groups accessing individual folders. We do not want guest/public to access the folders and we do not want users to be registered on site. I will do the user addition manually. So we only want that users that I have added to a group to access files in a allowed folder tree.

We have a GUI that will call up the url of the files located in those folders.

I would like Joomla/RSFiles to pop a log in for the first url call and once the username and passwords are entered, we want the folder be accessible to that user.

Since the files will be called from our external GUI, we do not need the RS Files to list or create download page.

All we want to do is secured that particular folder to that assigned group of users.

I have created CFO as a new folder under RSfiles/files tab as well as CFO as a Group in RS files/Groups.

I looked at your documentation but the option appears to me does not look like your example.

I can see Group Name: box which I put CFO in there.

In the Joomla Group Box, I tied selecting Registered but I do not know if that's needed or correct or something I have to do. (Please let me know)

In the last box "Additionally, you can select users that belong to this group" which is on the left, I am assuming I have to move the desired users from the box on the left to the box on the right. (Please let me know)

When I tried to access an htm file located in CFO folder, I was not prompted any password but it load the files right away.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Sam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to lock a content of the folder 13 years 8 months ago #11128

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

If you are not listing RSFiles! downloads that the restrictions that you configure in RSfiles! can't be applied. These restrictions are coded into the RSFiles! source code, not loading Joomla or RSfiles! will not apply the restrictions.

In the groups area, you can select a entire group (registered for example) or individual users from the available list.

Please note that by default RSFiles! does not have password based protection, but uses the groups options.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!