Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Feature request - Select all files for download

Feature request - Select all files for download 13 years 11 months ago #10534

• webjive
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, we have used RS products for client sites with great success and appreciate all the great tools.

I do have a BIG feature request for RSFiles. We have been developing more websites for construction companies lately and they have a big need for multi-file downloads like JDownloads provides. JDownloads allows you to select say 40 files or all of them and then have the server ZIP them up and send them to the client in a download.

For construction jobs (photo sites and more!), there are dozens, sometimes hundreds of PDFs documenting the construction process. Since RSFiles already has permissions, your are one step away from having a JDownloads killer and me using RSFiles exclusively for these sites.

What would be nice is not to just bundle the files at the server into a ZIP but, once the files are selected, steam the ZIP file as it's being created so that you don't run out of server ram which is what happens when creating large ZIP's on the server. PHP already supports this feature and JDownloads uses that ZIP library but, didn't implement it that way in the code.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Eric, Web-JIVE.com
Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Feature request - Select all files for download 13 years 11 months ago #10538

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate this. We were just thinking of a similar feature for RSFiles! We have added this on our TO DO list and will be most likely implemented in a future revision of RSFiles!
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Feature request - Select all files for download 13 years 9 months ago #10939

I'm in the same boat. My site has hundreds of PDFs that many people need to download at once.

I'm currently using VFM that allows them to zip up individual files or whole directories.

I would definitely purchase this component if you also had this feature as I think the other parts of your files manager are better.

Can you please let me know when you have added this to RS files?

Thanks!

Re:Feature request - Select all files for download 13 years 9 months ago #10983

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

We do not have a fixed release date, but we usually announce revisions on our blog... so you might want to add the RSS.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!