Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: features and link configuration

features and link configuration 14 years 1 month ago #10123

Hello, i have seen this nice demo of the RSfiles product:
www.brandywinevalleytalent.com/bvt/downloads

I wonder if RSfiles can be configured or modified in the link behavior.

In the listing i see the title link, and a second link called "download". Is it possible to have a real direct download on one of them? The title should lead to a detail view IMHO. And a download link should lead to a direct download.

What is the difference or the purpose of the download-page? it looks to me like a detail page, but there is another detail page, which has a different layout? Are these pages and links configurable or can be ommited?

TIA!

EDIT:
I posted a support ticket.
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by rexkramer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:features and link configuration 14 years 1 month ago #10126

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

Please note that this was the way RSfiles! was designed. Once you purchase a license you will have full access to the source code and you will be able to change it according to your needs.

At the moment there is only one menu item available for RSfiles! that lists all your files that are available for download. We will add more menu items in our future revisions of RSfiles!.

As for the big files issue, the download process is acutally managed by your browser (or other download managers - browser related) not by RSFiles. For uploading, you can't really upload big files thorugh RSFiles due to some PHP restricions such as maximum execution time. At the moment RSfiles! does not have any progress indicator but you will receive success/error messages when performing file upload, download.

You can read the product documentation here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...ions/81-rsfiles.html

You can test RSfiles! on our test server:

demo.rsjoomla.com
demo.rsjoomla.com/administrator
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!