Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: License Bug found

License Bug found 14 years 1 month ago #10019

If you create more than one license, on the list view page is shown the first license you created instead of the new one.

Clicking on the license name loads the correct license so I guess its a matter of internal referencing to the correct name of the license.

Clicking on the file name to download, on the download page still reports the wrong license (even though clicking on the license will load the correct one).

The Details page is the same as above (wrong license name printed, correct license once you click on the license name).

Steps to reproduce the bug:
Upload 2 files and add some description
Create 2 licenses (for example 1 for free use and 1 for limited named: free and limited accordingly)
Chose for the 1st file the free license and for the second the limited license
On the list page both files will show the free license but clicking on the name "free" of the license of the second file will load the limited license.

Please advise
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:License Bug found 14 years 1 month ago #10022

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Please log on to rsjoomla.com and go to View my downloads area and download the RSfiles installation file. Run it over your current one through the Joomla installer: Extensions > Install/uninstall. This should resolve this issue.

Please try it and let me know!
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:License Bug found 14 years 1 month ago #10029

I tried it and lost all the files I was sharing... I need to setup each file again...

I'll get back to you once this has been sorted out...

Re:License Bug found 14 years 1 month ago #10030

Yes, it shows the correct name for the license!

However, I recommend extreme caution when updating the component through extensions install since, at least in my case, made all my shared files disappear and I had to set up all the sharing of my files (including thumbs, details and screenshots) from the beginning again!

Re:License Bug found 14 years 1 month ago #10032

• alexp
Hello,

Strange... this shouldn't have happened. I just tested this on our test servers... and all the configured files were intact. The updating procedure does not cause any data loss.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:License Bug found 14 years 1 month ago #10046

alexp wrote:
Strange... this shouldn't have happened. I just tested this on our test servers... and all the configured files were intact. The updating procedure does not cause any data loss.

:( What can I say Alex? It certainly happened to me!

Maybe the reason for this was that I had configured my own path for the downloads folder and I hadn't use the default path that was suggested by RSFiles? :unsure:

When I installed the updated files, the application was looking for files at the default location and not at the location I had specified before!

I had to change the location of the downloads folder from the offered default position to where I have it and as it is very well pointed out, once you do this you lose all the info, thumbs, screenshots about the files.

I think that you should investigate why the previously configured path for the downloads folder was not kept intact after the update! Since if this is done every time a user has a different path configured for the downloads folder than the default one he might get into trouble just like me.

I'm in luck that I share around 15-20 files all in all. Imagine to do this procedure for the files one by one, details posting, thumbnail generation-uploading, screenshot generation uploading for 100 or 200 files... A nightmare only to think about it!

I also think that the limitation of losing all the details-thumbs-screenshots about a file in case the downloads folder position change should be taken care of. A file should be married to its details-thumb-screenshot no matter where you put it! It's just my opinion though...

Keep up the great work and keep on bringing us wonderful products!

Kind regards
Panos

Re:License Bug found 14 years 1 month ago #10054

panos_aidonopoulos_gr wrote:
Yes, it shows the correct name for the license!

After some more examination not everything has been fixed...

Clicking on the file name brings up the details page. The license issue is still present there meaning that while it shows up the wrong license once you click on the license name it will present you with the correct one.

Before I attempt to upload an updated version though, I would like you to make sure that the update will not wipe out the presentation of all my files due to the fact that I haven't selected the default path for the download folder.

Kind regards
Panos

Re:License Bug found 14 years 1 month ago #10062

• alexp
Hello,

Indeed you are correct. The updating issue was caused by the download folder setting.

As for the license issue.. we made some modifications once again, so please update again. This time we have tempered with the update process too so it shouldn't replace your configured download folder. But just to be safe you can create a backup of the current RSfiles! tables (using phpMyAdmin) or something similar and then run the update. Or... unzip the installation file and manually replace the RSFiles! files using your ftp account.

Thank you for your collaboration on this matter.
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!