Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Dealing with multiple login systems

Dealing with multiple login systems 14 years 1 month ago #9935

I have RSMembership set up on a site in development, and for the most part it's pretty cool. I am having trouble, however, reconciling it with the core Joomla login/registration functionality. I might just not be thinking about it correctly, or overlooking something.

In testing, there are a few instances where I am being redirected to the Core Joomla "login or Register" page and not the redirects I've set up in RSmembership. Most likely when trying to access something restricted to "registered" users but not yet assigned to specific RSMem groups (like a component, which is still a bit of loophole in the RSMem system). Problem with this is it may confuse a new user who will then sign up through the core component and miss the group subscriptions.

Would be cool if RSmembership had a plugin to completely override the core user pages and always redirect users to articles assigned to lead the user through the proper channels.

Or am I missing something that already exists to compensate for this? Or maybe this shouldn't happen at all, and I'm just not implementing something correctly?

Thanks,

Greg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Dealing with multiple login systems 14 years 1 month ago #9960

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Not quite. If the restricted item in question is in a registered area and the guest isn't logged in, then it is rather normal for this behavior. If the user is logged in then the RSMembership message should appear, either cases... the user will not be able to access the restricted content without having all permissions.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Dealing with multiple login systems 14 years 1 month ago #10023

• wirecreative
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I just saw this in the changelog for the new version posted today:
Added: Ability to override the default Joomla! registration

Can you elaborate? It sounds like this might directly fix this loophole.

Thanks.

Re:Dealing with multiple login systems 14 years 1 month ago #10027

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

This implies that a user can create an account to your website only by subscribing to membership. Clicking on the "create an account" link from the default Joomla login module will redirect to the membership list or a configured page: Components > RSMembership > Configuration > Other.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!