Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums

Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums 14 years 2 months ago #9816

• Jerzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.

Nice component, I plan to buy it but I have question:

I would like to create different membership levels so members
will be granted with special permision to access different forums levels.

Also it would be nice once somebody purchase "Vip Member" membership
to have it displayed in his forum profile and distinctive grafic below foto
on each post.

Is it possible?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums 14 years 2 months ago #9839

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Towards the access level - this can be done by using the RSMembership URL restriction type. If the "advanced" logo configuration uses a different URL then you can use the URL restriction.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums 14 years 2 months ago #9917

Towards the access level - this can be done by using the RSMembership URL restriction type.

I just updated to the latest version of rsmember, and I'm testing an install of Agora forum. The RSMember URL restriction requires an URL with "index.php?" but components typically don't use that format, rather like this:

/component/option,com_agora/Itemid,53/

Re:Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums 14 years 2 months ago #9923

• alexp
@gregory.dorr2

Not quite. Those links are generated because you have some SEF option enabled. We recommend using the URL restriction in there original format because different SEF components and settings can product different URLs.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums 14 years 2 months ago #9966

• wirecreative
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Ah, I'm using sh404sef. Didn't realize that was affecting those URLs. I'm pretty sure I have all components without a compatible SEF plugin using default handler but I'll check on that.

Re:Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums 14 years 2 months ago #9967

I told sh404sef to skip the forum component, and now the URLs are back to normal.

I'm getting the hang of this, and using the URL wildcards prevents you from having to constantly add new shared urls for each new thread.

Theoretically, if you know the non-SEF URL for some part of a component and add that in the shared URL field, you can still use the SEF URL on the front-end of the site correct, and RSMembership will still apply the restriction?

BTW, sorry if my dual membership is confusing. It confuses me. I am both wirecreative and wirecreative2. It happened during a purchase, because my payment email address was different. It actually has happened twice. Didn't mean to mix them up in the same topic.
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by wirecreative2. Reason: disclaimer

Re:Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums 14 years 1 month ago #9989

• alexp
Hello,

It doesn't really matter if you have enabled SEF or not. Just that it will be best to use non SEF URLs in the shared content configuration.
Regards,

Re:Integration with phpBB3 or Kunena forums 12 years 10 months ago #13832

• leon7
  • Fresh Boarder
I have used the Shared links as suggested by this thread as well as others, and a support ticket that I had raised regarding giving different users with different subscriptions access to different threads in a Kunena forum.

This proofed to be a timeconsuming excersise, as you have to enable each and every link on those subscriptions, as Kunena is not consistent in the format it is writing the link. For eaxample:

• To see the thread: index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=11&id=153&Itemid=17
  • Another link on the same thread: index.php?option=com_kunena&func=showcat&catid=11&Itemid=17
  • Then to reply the link looks like: index.php?option=com_kunena&func=post&do=reply&catid=11&id=634&Itemid=17

• For example to open up category item 18 in Kunena, I had to create 7 different shared content links:
    index.php?option=com_kunena&func={*}&catid=18&id={*}&Itemid={*}
    index.php?option=com_kunena&func={*}&catid=18&Itemid={*}
    index.php?option=com_kunena&func={*}&do=reply&catid=18&id={*}&Itemid={*}
    index.php?option=com_kunena&func={*}&do=favorite&catid=18&id={*}&Itemid={*}
    index.php?option=com_kunena&func={*}&do=quote&catid=18&id={*}&Itemid={*}
    index.php?option=com_kunena&func=thankyou&pid={*}&catid=18&{*}=1&Itemid={*}
    index.php?option=com_kunena&view=showcat&catid=18&Itemid=47

However there may be link variations that I had missed. Surely there is a better way to accomplish this. Perhaps rs_Membership can look at the Get Variables. And if it finds that $_GET('catid')=18 then it must open it up. But it purely works on the links, which I find is a daunting task...

Perhaps I am doing something wrong here, but that is how I managed to open up one topic to a specific membership. Any better way for me to do this perhaps?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!