Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: HOW TO change the joomla 'register' link path

HOW TO change the joomla 'register' link path 14 years 4 months ago #9136

I want to change the "register" link path in the register form, need to know where in the admin code, or which area do I do this, so if someone trys to open a registered area, and the login screen comes up with the option to register, I need to change the register link path to the new path for the RS memberships component I have just installed.....thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:HOW TO change the joomla 'register' link path 14 years 4 months ago #9272

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

I'm not quite sure i understand your request... can you please try to better explain what exactly are you trying to do ?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:HOW TO change the joomla 'register' link path 14 years 3 months ago #9316

I think he is referring to the message I also got when Registering a New Member. As per the quote below, it instructs the new member to Activate his/her membership by clicking an activation link, and then proceeds to tell him/her to log into the website using the back-end Administrator Login, instead of the Front-End. Here is the email I got after Signing-up to one of my memberships for your reference:
Hello Deleteme Garzaro,

Thank you for registering at Garzaro - Professional Websites Since 1994. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.
To activate the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:
garzaro.com/administrator/index.php?opti...81abfe6f3c5f8663bb50

After activation you may login to garzaro.com/administrator/ using the following username and password:

Username: james
Password: xxxxxxx

I went to the Joomla Global Configuration and turned off Allow User Registration and New User Account Activation, but now I am not getting the following Email which is still telling my clients to log into the back-end:
Hello Piero Garzaro,

Thank you for registering at Garzaro - Professional Websites Since 1994.

You may now log in to garzaro.com/administrator/ using the username and password you registered with.

Re:HOW TO change the joomla 'register' link path 14 years 2 months ago #9628

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

This has been resolved in the latest revision of RSMembership (revision 9). Please update to latest version and try again.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!