Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Price symbol location

Price symbol location 14 years 4 months ago #9129

• sales7
  • Fresh Boarder
When a customer clicks on the menu to subscribe. The dollar amount shows the country symbol behind the unit price (Price: 5 USD). What do I need to edit to put the price symbol in front of the unit price (Price: $5)?
Last Edit: 14 years 4 months ago by sales7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Price symbol location 14 years 4 months ago #9153

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

In order to do this you will need to make some direct source code editing in components\com_rsmembership\models\membership.php - line 34 :

$price = !empty($row->price) ? $row->price.' '.$currency : JText::_('RSM_FREE' );

Try changing the parameters order.

$price = !empty($row->price) ? $currency.' '.$row->price : JText::_('RSM_FREE' );

And

$price = !empty($item->price) ? $item->price.' '.$this->currency : JText::_('RSM_FREE' );

with

$price = !empty($item->price) ? $this->currency.' '.$item->price : JText::_('RSM_FREE' );
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
Last Edit: 14 years 4 months ago by andreic.

Re:Price symbol location 14 years 2 months ago #9619

• yosh
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there, I was trying to figure out the same thing and I applied these changes and managed to fix up the code so now it displays as $price.00 in the suscriptions page, but when i click to subscribe and fill in the details (adress) and I get to the confirmation page the prices are again showing as "Price USD" - in the code I managed to replace the USD with $ but I can't find where the order is arranged so I can change it to $ Price - is this possible at all?? It would be really interesting since this is the way you always show the price in USA!!

2. Is there a way to replace the "Membership Extra" label in the confirmation page with the "Title of the Membership extra" ? This would be so helpful!

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated - i need to get this done today, the customer is coming tomorrow and I am only missing these details he wants $price.00 instead of Price USD and the title of the Membership extra instead of "Membership Extra" - ...

Thanks in advance.

Re:Price symbol location 14 years 2 months ago #9630

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

1. I don't quite understand by "can't find where the order is arranged ". Can you please be more specific at what are you trying to achieve ?

2. As described in the product documentation (http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/79-getting-started/316-memberships.html) you can simply use {extras} placeholders to get the name of the selected extra option.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Price symbol location 14 years 2 months ago #9659

• yosh
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, thanks for your reply, all my questions were answered submitting a ticket... By "finding where the order is arranged" I meant I couldn't find the file that defines that "$price = $price $currency" (to change it to "$currency $price" ) in the subscribe view, but its all solved now and I changed everything I needed, except for the second question, apparently you didn't understand the question, I'll try to do better to explain it.

When someone wants to purchase a subscription, they select it and after filling out the registration details (in my case, i have the address) they get to a "confirmation page" where they see their subscription and choose the payment method, right? Well, in the top of that page, the customer sees:

Membership: "subscription selected"
Membership extra: "name of extra value"
Membership extra: "name of extra value"

In my case I have 2 membership extras per subscription, and the customers must choose 1 of the options on both of them to continue. Now, every membership extra has a "name" or "label" (i.e, in my case one of them is "Your pick up location" and the other one is "Your share" ). Each one of these has several values (i.e, "Your Pick-up location" has "North Asheville", "South Asheville" ..., and the "Your share" has "Full Share - $XX", "Half Share - $XX" ) , one of them in a checkbox list and the other one in a radio button list.

When the new customer selects what he wants, and he gets to that confirmation page this is what he sees, for instance:

Membership: "CSA Share"
Membership extra: "Full Share - $XX)
Membership extra: "I will pick-up my share in South Asheville"

but I want them to see the "extra name" instead of "membership extra" for instance this is what the ex. above would look like:

Membership: "CSA Share"
Your share: "Full Share - $XX"
Your pick-up location: "I will pick up my share in South Asheville"

See the difference? That is what I am looking for...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by yosh.

Re:Price symbol location 14 years 2 weeks ago #10306

• jmack50
  • Fresh Boarder
yosh wrote:
Hi, thanks for your reply, all my questions were answered submitting a ticket... By "finding where the order is arranged" I meant I couldn't find the file that defines that "$price = $price $currency" (to change it to "$currency $price" ) in the subscribe view, but its all solved now and I changed everything I needed, except for the second question, apparently you didn't understand the question, I'll try to do better to explain it.

It Sure would be helpful and time saving if the instructions for making both changes were posted here or in the documentation for anyone interested to see.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!