Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: anyone else having problems getting this to work?

anyone else having problems getting this to work? 14 years 6 months ago #8766

Joomla 1.5.12(previously existing site) & 1.5.14 (fresh joomla install with nothing else for testing) The second at least, I know is PHP 5.2.8 and MySQL 5.1.30

A client I work for bought the Unlimited license right away because they need this functionality for several sites. They have had no luck getting it to work properly and asked me to check it out.

I have also had no luck.

First off, is there any settings in Joomla's Global Configuration that need to be set as far as User registration process? I have set the account activation to both yes and no with the same below results (RSMembership is set to automatic)

the user gets an activation email with the Username as the first part of the email address (whic is fine), but the password is a huge string that looks like an MD5 hash. EXAMPLE:
Password: e8045408a293e22625f62406e3625e67:VtcVnsUBf0NiZy2qwkXRlvBrAhqQ5ByY

What the heck is that? And the thing is, it doesn't work for logging in.

Next issue, is that the user is sent the activation email before paying and if they see it before paying, they do not have to pay because clicking the link... well... "Activates" their registered status. Obviously they can't log in as stated above, but...

Ok the whole thing is a bit on the messed up side of things. I am sure it is either I am missing something fundamental or the Documentation explains better how to set this stuff up. OR both. But there is no documentation!

It seems very unfair to have released and charged for this extension without any support what so ever. You did put it on the demo site, but we cannot access a few things in the back end to know how you have things set up (like the Global Configuration settings). And no way to test on the front end to see if the results are the same as what I am getting.

Oh and yes, I am using LIVE PayPal - NOT in testing mode.

Please, help or post the documentation.
Last Edit: 14 years 6 months ago by mark.smith4.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:anyone else having problems getting this to work? 14 years 6 months ago #8767

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

Thank you for pointing this bug to us - however, we have solved it. Just download the latest RSMembership! from your account and install it through Extensions > Install/Uninstall - the update will automatically replace the files.

We ask that you have some patience until we get the documentation up and running - in the past month we have released 3 products and all of them need some fine tuning and writing the manuals for them.

Starting next week we will be adding articles to RSMembership!, since the RSMail! and RSSEO! docs are complete. We just ask that you have a little patience.
If you require support, you can always submit a ticket and we will gladly help you, Monday to Friday, during work hours, based on our support policy
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:anyone else having problems getting this to work? 14 years 6 months ago #8769

I do apologize for my seeming impatience on this. I am not normally so pushy. However, like I said my client bought the unlimited license and already installed it on 5 of their sites and disabled the old method they used for registration.

My bad for letting it "Roll down hill"

I have informed her to get the new files and I will test it out for her as soon as she gets back to me.

Thank you

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!