Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: "Redirect to URL" not working with Shared Content

"Redirect to URL" not working with Shared Content 9 years 6 days ago #31001

• david757
  • Fresh Boarder
Good Morning,

I am attempting to set up shared content with a redirect url, but it doesn't seem to be working.

What I would like to happen:

I would like to add a download link(s) to some of my articles. The link(s) will provide .pdf files with related information.

When the visitor clicks on the link:
If he/she is registered, the download should start.
If he/she is a guest, a redirection to page that encourages registration should occur.

I set up a shared content folder in my registered membership and put a test file in that folder. I also set up a redirect URL in the shared content tab for this membership.

I logged in as a user and used the "show subscriber's memberships" menu option to navigate to the file. I right clicked on the filename and copied the URL. This is what I want to use as a link my articles.

the URL looks like this

[SITE DOMAIN NAME]/show-subscriber-s-memberships/download/from-membership/3?path=2|Test.txt

If I use this URL while logged in as the test user, the download works perfectly.

If I use this URL while not logged in, or logged in with a different membership applied, I get redirected, but not to the URL I set. I get redirected to a login page.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,

David.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!