Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Thank You message and Redirect URL are blank pages

Thank You message and Redirect URL are blank pages 9 years 7 months ago #28828

Hello,

I have a free trial membership set up but when someone subscribes to it there is no message shown (just blank page). I tried creating a Thank You page in an article and used that link for the redirect, but that did not work. I noticed in the Messages tab that the action (show Thank You or Redirect) is taken "After Payment" so since the trial membership is free is this why no action is taken?

If the answer is that I must add a price to the membership, I did try that at first, but the "Free" membership was forcing to PayPal, so I don't want that to happen with free membership. (So I set up two memberships, Free Trial and Paid Subscription - and have set up an Upgrade option when trial period expires.)

Please let me know if there is a better way to accomplish this, but at the very least, I need to show a thank you message to those who sign up for the free trial.

Thank you...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thank You message and Redirect URL are blank pages 9 years 7 months ago #28830

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Most likely there is a fatal error in place. Head over to Site > Global configuration, enable the maximum error reporting and try again. This time a message should be displayed.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Thank You message and Redirect URL are blank pages 9 years 7 months ago #28865

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that - set error reporting to maximum - but I still did not see a message after subscribing. Here is the html in the source:
<div id="system-message-container">
	</div>            
<div class="item-page">	
	<div id="rsm_subscribe_container">
			</div><!-- rsm_subscribe_container -->
</div>

My settings for the membership include:
Stock & Activation tab > Activation: Instant
Messages tab > Messages After Payment: Redirect to URL (and I have entered a working URL in the "Redirect to URL" field beneath the text editor).

The membership is a free trial membership. I have tried using "Show Thank You Message" instead of Redirect to URL, but I get the same results (and same html as above appears in the source.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

Vic

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!