Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Copy form data into Joomla user profile

Copy form data into Joomla user profile 9 years 11 months ago #27463

Is there an easy way to copy the data that is submitted (including custom fields) in the subscription form into the Joomla User profile database? Otherwise my subscribers will have duplicate data on RSMembership and their Joomla profile. I see there is a way to run a custom PHP script during subscription, but I'm not sure how to use this feature to accomplish what I want.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Copy form data into Joomla user profile 9 years 11 months ago #27468

• info9655
  • Fresh Boarder
I had the same issue with running an external script and solved it by using the Custom PHP fields in the Membership. An example is (for mailing something special):
require "mailer.php";
$my_file = "dir/file.txt";
$my_path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
$my_name = "Your Team";
$my_mail = "from@mail.org";
$my_replyto = "noreply@mail.org";
$my_subject = "This is a mail with attachment.";
$my_message = "Hallo,\r\ndo you like this script? I hope it will help.\r\n\r\ngr. Jan";
mail_attachment($my_file, $my_path, "recipient@mail.org", $my_mail, $my_name, $my_replyto, $my_subject, $my_message);

The mail_attachement function comes from the mailer.php code. In the same way other scripts can also be called and where necessary be configured. There is also a set of variables with information of the subscription you use.

With kind regards,
Jan Krabbenbos
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by info9655. Reason: Removed a slash

Copy form data into Joomla user profile 9 years 11 months ago #27491

Jan, thanks for the response. I'll play around with the custom PHP and see how far I go. I've been trying a script that just prints out information in the variables $membership, $user_data, and $user_email, but I can't seem to get the information to print out in the subscription confirmation.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!