Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Registered Only Access To All Files In A Folder

Registered Only Access To All Files In A Folder 10 years 1 month ago #26968

My site has a number of PDF files and I would like to allow only logged in users to have access to the newer files. I have placed the newer files in a separate folder. I used RSMembership to hide links to these files on the webpage, but the links to the newer files are still visible to a search. In the search window those links can be clicked to open the files. I would like them to be found using search but not opened. How can I block Public users from opening the files in this folder?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Registered Only Access To All Files In A Folder 10 years 1 month ago #26978

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

You can try adding the folder via the Shared Content feature of a membership. When adding content to restrict, you can also select a folder:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...s.html#sharedcontent

To better secure the files, you can put these files into a folder that is outside the public HTML area and you can also use a .htaccess with "Deny from all" to restrict the direct access.

Eventually the folder that is part of the Shared Content area of your membership can be accessed through the "Show Subscriber's Memberships" menu item, if the user has an active subscription of the membership in question:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...ship-menu-items.html
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

Registered Only Access To All Files In A Folder 9 years 9 months ago #28163

sorry Adrianp

but how can I put my file outside the public html folder if the component let me choose to share only folder inside the public html folder?

Thanks

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!