Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Joomla User Activation 'None'. Still get email.

Joomla User Activation 'None'. Still get email. 10 years 2 months ago #26382

I am running Joomla 2.5.1 with RSMembership 1.0. I have Joomla User Activation set to 'None'. When a user registers they still receive an activation email with no link. If joomla activation is set to 'Self' the link is included.

I have searched the language files an see that the email if being populated with text from en-GB.com_rsmembership -> RSM_NEW_EMAIL.

Is there a setting I must set in RSMembership to halt new member activation emails?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Joomla User Activation 'None'. Still get email. 10 years 2 months ago #26388

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

There is no such built-in option, this email is part of the standard Joomla! functionality which is sent when a new user is created. Having Joomla! User Activation set to "None", the email sent is no longer actually an activation email, merely a notification one.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

Joomla User Activation 'None'. Still get email. 10 years 2 months ago #26479

Thank you for the reply.

Is there a way to change the email notification to not use text from en-GB.com_rsmembership or to not send at all?

Joomla User Activation 'None'. Still get email. 7 years 3 months ago #36247

• brad55
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Same problem on Joomla 3.6.
Any answers?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!