Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Categories in shared content NOT BEING PROTECTED

Categories in shared content NOT BEING PROTECTED 11 years 10 months ago #18193

Hello-

using Joomla 2.5 and most updated version of RsMembership.

I have four basic subscription types / categories: Trading Room, Algo Insider, Trade Alerts, and Automation.

I have "shared content" for their respective categories, however, when I test if the content is available for registered users, WITHOUT subscriptions or CANCELED/EXPIRED subscriptions, the content is not being protected.

I have four article categories that are associated with the the four subscription types, and none of them are blocking access to users that subscriptions may have expired, or do not have a subscription.

The article categories are members of parent groups that are public (public in joomla too), but the child groups are suppose to be protected(and are "registered" access through joomla as well). (I have done this before and it worked on a previous site, but I figured I should mention it anyway)

I have already tried re-installing the extension, and it has not helped.

THANKS!

-Dan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Categories in shared content NOT BEING PROTECTED 11 years 10 months ago #18195

PS: I am sharing content via CATEGORY BLOG STYLE...

I found a post in the forums that says I need to change some code (possibly)... I find this as an unacceptable solution however... This product should do this on its own:

TIP: How to "Shared Article" Content (blog style)
I needed to do the following, I am sure someone else would need this:

Displays "Shared Article" content (blog style) even if membership has expired. You can change the setQuery statment to include restriction and/or foreach statement to change article display.

For menu item: RSMembership » Mymemberships

This text is hidded from guests

...com_rsmembership\admin\helpers\rsmembership.php

add after line 21 with:

function getMembershipArticles($membership_id) {

$article =& JTable::getInstance("content");
$db =& JFactory::getDBO();
$db->setQuery( "SELECT `params` FROM #__rsmembership_membership_shared WHERE `type`='article' AND `published`='1' AND `membership_id`='".$membership_id."'" );
$items = $db->loadObjectList();
if (!empty($items)){
foreach ($items as $item){
$article->load(intval($item->params));
echo "<h3>".$article->get("title")."</h3>";
if ( intval($article->get(modified)) !=0 ) {
echo "<p style='margin:-15px 0 0 0;'><sub>".JText::sprintf('LAST_UPDATED2', JHTML::_('date', $this->article->modified, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')))."</sub></p>";
}
echo $article->get("fulltext");
}
}
}

...com_rsmembership\site\views\mymembership\tmpl\default.php

add after line 123 or where ever you would like to begin to display the articles with:

<?php RSMembershipHelper::getMembershipArticles($this->membership->membership_id) ?>

Category: RSMembership!

Re: Categories in shared content NOT BEING PROTECTED 11 years 10 months ago #18197

Also: I have not tried out the "changing RSMembership code" yet, nor do i plan to until advised by support...

Re: Categories in shared content NOT BEING PROTECTED 11 years 10 months ago #18200

Hello,

The ACL structure is controlled by Joomla!.
If you put parts of Joomla! in the registered group you only say all registered users have access.
If you really want to block parts to different groups and memberships, you need to configure your Joomla! ACL correctly.
Things like different access groups and different viewing levels.

A easy way to manage your ACL structure is to use Joomla! ACLManager.

I don't use RSMembership! but i can imagine just like with other Joomla! extensions if your don't have a correct ACL Structure you can't block items for certain groups
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!