Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: ** Question about registered Members? **

** Question about registered Members? ** 12 years 6 months ago #15116

I opened a support ticked about this and got no answer, so maybe I will ask it here if its better. I have RSMEMBERSHIP and I would like the entire user to be disabled after his membership expires. But my question is, If we enable "Disable Account When Membership Expires ?", then if their subscription expires, wouldn't they be able to resister from component/users/?view=registration still? In other words, cant they just use the basic Joomla registration URL to make a new account which would bypass the restrictions? If we disable "Allow User Registration", in Global Configuration, then the entire process would fail. How would one go about doing this?

Please advise

Thank
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ** Question about registered Members? ** 12 years 6 months ago #15118

• CalenxarJake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Could you go into more detail on why this is an issue? Do you not want people to be able to register through the Joomla registration at all(as in have RSMembership be the only way to register)? If so, I'm guessing that your login module has a Register link, right?

Re: ** Question about registered Members? ** 12 years 6 months ago #15120

CalenxarJake wrote:
Could you go into more detail on why this is an issue? Do you not want people to be able to register through the Joomla registration at all(as in have RSMembership be the only way to register)? If so, I'm guessing that your login module has a Register link, right?

I dont see how the question is so difficult to understand, but here goes ;) ...

If someone registers using the membership component that is embeded in the joomla site somewhere, they will get the registration and it will be restricted to whatever you want for members only.. But my question is what if they register from the site itself by using the joomla registration URL, wouldn't this allow them to get unlimited access since Joomla user registration users are by default "unlimited" unless you manually ban them or deactivate their account?

Re: ** Question about registered Members? ** 12 years 6 months ago #15122

• CalenxarJake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Right, if they register through normal Joomla user registration, they will not be in the RSMembership tables so none of the restrictions will be enabled (unless you are using Memberships to make a user something other than just registered ex. Author, Publisher, etc.). There's a few ways to prevent this though. A user that is disbled won't be able to re-register under the same e-mail, I believe. Also you can completely remove the link that is taking them to the Joomla Registration or you can disable Joomla Registration with RSMembership under RSMembership>Configuration>Other>Disable Joomla Registration. With that selected, whenever a user tries to go to Joomla registration it redirects them to RSMembership. Hope that helps.
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by CalenxarJake. Reason: Clarification

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!