Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can RSMembership restrict making K2 Featured Items

Can RSMembership restrict making K2 Featured Items 12 years 6 months ago #14977

Hi, I've not yet gotten RSMembership. I am shopping around for a subscription program that will allow for different membership levels AND allow to charge users to make a "Featured Item" in K2. I am using Joomla 1.5 with K2 and Jomsocial.

I know RSMembership can restrict access to K2 items and categories, but can it also restrict the creation of K2 featured items?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Jonathan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can RSMembership restrict making K2 Featured Items 12 years 6 months ago #14984

• CalenxarJake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Are you looking to charge per featured item or allow that subscription to create featured items?

Re: Can RSMembership restrict making K2 Featured Items 12 years 6 months ago #15066

Hi Jake thanks for the reply, sorry for the late reply.

I am looking to charge per featured item posted... Any hints you may have would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Can RSMembership restrict making K2 Featured Items 12 years 6 months ago #15105

• CalenxarJake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I don't think you'll have much luck finding a membership extension that works with K2 like that.

I would look into finding something that allows you to charge per featured item and then restrict that to a membership level in RSMembership. This would be a good place to start.

You may want to check out JReviews, it looks like it has K2 integration for your pay-per-post. I would then restrict that with RSMembership. Note - I've never used K2 or JReviews, so make sure you research into that.
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by CalenxarJake. Reason: Added more information.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!