Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Assigning group (GID) (Pre-Sale)

Assigning group (GID) (Pre-Sale) 12 years 10 months ago #14103

• mcflause
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey there,

I was looking through the demo and I did not see a way to automatically assign the group (GID - ie: registered, author, etc) but I did see there was a section for custom php upon authorization.

I am wondering how complicated it would be to write a php script to modify the GID in the database for that user upon 'authorization'. Would you be able to request the user ID from within that in order to be able to change the GID.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Assigning group (GID) (Pre-Sale) 12 years 9 months ago #14333

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

The User Type can be adjusted for subscribers by going to RSMembership! > Memberships > "edit your membership" and go to the "Stock & Activation" tab. Here you can set the option "Enable Changing User Types" to Yes and set the value that you wish for the "Subscriber's User Type" and "Inactive User Type".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!