Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: custom user groups and access levels

custom user groups and access levels 12 years 11 months ago #13674

• jacobian
  • Fresh Boarder
hey guys,

im looking at buying the RSMembership component for my site but just wanted to ask before i went ahead and did.

in joomla 1.6 you can assign users to a group and then have viewing access levels for the various groups (say Gold, Silver, Bronze) then when you make pages/menu items you can restrict them so that gold can see gold but silver/bronze cant etc.

does this component do the same thing?

for example if i make three memberships and a user signs up and pays for gold membership, will they then automatically be added to the gold group with gold viewing access level and therefore be able to view the gold content without me having to manually add them to that group.

thanks,
Jacobian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:custom user groups and access levels 12 years 11 months ago #13774

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

RSMembership! is not yet compatible with Joomla! 1.6, we will try to release a new revision of our component that supports Joomla! 1.6 as soon as possible.

I recommend reading the RSMembership! step by step guide for a better understanding of the component's features and functionality, a PDF version of this guide can be downloaded from the product's documentation :

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...ship-user-guide.html

You can test RSMembership! on our demo server:

dmeo.rsjoomla.com
dmeo.rsjoomla.com/administrator
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!