Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Add hidden field to Subscribe page

Add hidden field to Subscribe page 13 years 1 month ago #13194

• grodarte
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am building out a subscribe page and I'd like to make two customizations if possible.

1. I'd like to add a custom field that is hidden.

2. I'd like to populate this custom hidden field with a querystring param from the URL.

The reason I want to do this is because partners will be referring visitors to our site and subscribe page. We are planning on appending a "partner id" to the subscribe page (e.g., /subscribe-to?pid=123), and then recording that partner id to the users transaction.

Is there a way to do this? Perhaps there is a better way to do this using the Custom PHP Code module under the Advanced Customization tab, in which case, that would be fine with me too.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Add hidden field to Subscribe page 13 years 3 weeks ago #13273

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

1. You can simply add a normal field (textfield) and set the following property in the Additional Attributes area:
style="display:none"

2. In the values area you can use PHP code. For example:
//<code>
return 'test value';
//</code>
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Add hidden field to Subscribe page 13 years 3 weeks ago #13313

• grodarte
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks.

I tried that, but there are two issues:

1. When setting the CSS value to display:none, the value doesn't get captured properly (i.e., when I go to transactions, I can see that the value isn't recorded because it's not there)
2. On the "finish" page, you see the field and its value, which won't make a lot of sense to the user.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!