Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Is RSMembership right for me?

Is RSMembership right for me? 13 years 3 months ago #12459

Hello,
I have a high school alumni web site. I want to provide limited home page content to the public or non members and enable full access for paid members. When a visitor tries to access content he should be prompted to login

I would like to offer two types of membership based on high school criteria such as the year in which the registrant graduated. The membership fee should be determined by what the registrant enters in custom "graduation_date" field.

1. Student (graduation_date, up to 1 year of today's date)
2. General Membership

ie. If the registrant's graduation_date is within one year of todays date then he/she is a student then offer a student subscription/member rate. If the graduation_date is outside of this parameter then offer a general membership subscription/member rate.

Can I make these kinds of modifications to RSMembership without much problems? I'm relatively new to php but not totally inept. I haven't subscribed or installed RSMembership on my site because I need to know whether this component will work for me first. I did not find a download link so I assume one must subscribe first?

Best Regards,
Kevin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Is RSMembership right for me? 13 years 3 months ago #12473

• andreic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

An easy solution to your described scenario would be to create a member information form where you will inquire the user about his graduation date. Depending on the value submitted in this field you will then need to redirect the user to the appropriate membership (student/general) details page so that he can subscribe. The graduation date form will need to either be implemented in the RSMembership! source code or you could try using a 3rd party form builder in order to build the form.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!