Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Manual? How to video?

Manual? How to video? 13 years 6 months ago #11509

• franks
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

Brand new to the extention. I have gone through the user guide and familiarized myself with all of the fields and functions of the extentions and have a general idea what it all does, but it seems to me that the User Guide falls short of descibing how to imlement the features into the website. It is like the author assumes that whoever uses this product has allready got years of experience in Joomla and other Membership extentions. This is my first shot at working with memberships, and I do not have the first clue from the user guide of what to do next, to get this working on the front page of my website. Is there a Manual somewhere that I am missing? Has anyone made a How to Video Tutorial to walk me through the steps of launching this extention?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Manual? How to video? 13 years 6 months ago #11538

Hi,

I can't tell if you got an answer yet, but I'll give you a quick answer for the moment, since I just purchased the product myself and have been looking for answers as well.

The answer to your question is... create a menu item and select rsmembership then select the appropriate item from the list of choices. You should see, among other things, the membership(s) you defined.

Warning... RANT Ahead...
I'm hoping this and the other products I have now from RSJoomla work better than the documentation. They really really really... well I'll stop there. The reality is that typically these companies are run by engineers, revenue is tight, solving technical issues is top priority.... documentation? Remember when you were a kid and had to clean your room? Minimal right? Stuffed things in the closet or under the bed? Yeah, just enough to say I did it. The problem is, it does come back to get you later, in the backend. You're just used to the same old ways. AND, you can always blame someone else.

Re:Manual? How to video? 13 years 6 months ago #11544

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

We are already working on "Step by Step" guides for all of our products. Hoping that this will complete the documentation.

PS: Some of these are ready (for RSMail! and RSComments!)
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Manual? How to video? 13 years 5 months ago #11783

• franks
  • Fresh Boarder
Still no more documentation .... It looks like I have wasted my money here and will have to go after another product that actually shows you how to implement! I am not impressed!

I have gone through every function several times and I can't figure out the simple function of how to restrict sections and categories to paid subscribers and not simply those who have logged in to my site.

If you really want to sell your products to the masses, you need to "dumb it down" for us. You got my 50 E this time, but I probably won't be back for anything else until you can produce real, "how to" documentation

Re:Manual? How to video? 13 years 5 months ago #11802

• mihaela
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

We'll release in a few days the Step by step and the Quick guide for RSMembership!

Meanwhile, we've prepared 2 new video tutorials on RSJoomla! TV:

Ep. 35 - How to restrict with RSMembership! Joomla! categories to paid subscribers - http://www.rsjoomla.com/tv/210-ep-35-how-to-restrict-with-rsmembership-joomla-categories-to-paid-subscribers

Ep. 36 - How to restrict with RSMembership! Joomla! sections to paid subscribers - http://www.rsjoomla.com/tv/211-ep-36-how-to-restrict-with-rsmembership-joomla-sections-to-paid-subscribers

As always, you can submit a ticket to our support department for any other questions.
http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/tickets.html

Regards!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!