Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Multiple Membership Forms

Multiple Membership Forms 13 years 8 months ago #11251

• rjsayat
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I am looking at getting assistant on having multiple membership forms. I basically need the option to have a different form depending on the membership type. Although customizable, there is only ONE universal form for any membership type. It would be nice to have the integration of FormPRO but just having a choice within RSMembership would be good enough. Would anyone be interested in providing this custom feature? Time and cost? Thanks Needed it yesterday.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multiple Membership Forms 13 years 8 months ago #11345

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Unfortunately this cannot be achieved in the current version of RSMembership!. However we have such a feature on the to do list of the component and it will be added to RSMembership! in it's future updates.

Re:Multiple Membership Forms 11 years 10 months ago #17879

bogdanc wrote:
Hello,

Unfortunately this cannot be achieved in the current version of RSMembership!. However we have such a feature on the to do list of the component and it will be added to RSMembership! in it's future updates.

Any Update to this feature? I looked through the demo and dint see anything like this. Did I miss it?

I would definitely be in the market for the component if I could have different registration forms for each type of membership.

Re:Multiple Membership Forms 11 years 4 months ago #20919

• scotland
  • Fresh Boarder
agree re this, this would be a great feature - is it in the latest version does anyone know?

Re:Multiple Membership Forms 11 years 1 week ago #22987

• efn
  • Fresh Boarder
One more chiming in. Would really like to have this feature. We have a separate "student" membership where we ask for the name of the educational institution and other data so that we can more easily followup to make sure the subscriber qualifies for the special "student" rate. Unfortunately, we must also list these fields on all of our other memberships. To make the workflow somewhat appealing to those subscribing to non-student memberships, we've created a radio-button field group that asks "are yo you a student" = yes/no so that the other fields (i.e. "university name") don't seem so out of place.

SUGGESTION: One way out of this would be to show/hide the fields with CSS -- if RS Membership could assign some specific ID numbers to the parent form and field labels. The custom field inputs themselves already get an HTML ID assigned by RS Memberhsip, so it seems to me that if this were taken a step or two further, we could use CSS.

For instance, if this were the case, we could hide the custom fields from all forms like this:
form.membership_form input#SYSTEM-GENERATED-FIELD-ID, 
form.membership_form label#SYSTEM-GENERATED-LABEL-ID 
{ display: none; }

and then to show them on a specific form:
form.membership_form#sm_subscribe_default_form-SYSTEM-GENERATED-FORM-INSTANCE-ID input#SYSTEM-GENERATED-FIELD-ID,
form.membership_form#sm_subscribe_default_form-SYSTEM-GENERATED-FORM-INSTANCE-ID label#SYSTEM-GENERATED-LABEL-ID 
{ display: visible }

Something like that, anyway.

Re:Multiple Membership Forms 11 years 4 days ago #23080

• efn
  • Fresh Boarder
Interested parties, I found a workaround for my purposes. It involves core source-file changes to: com_rsmembership/views/subscribe/tmpl/default.php, so keep a changelog if you decide to try this.

This probably won't work for everyone, and it will NOT work for required fields. The basic idea is that I created a <div> with an id that tacks on the membership id. This way I can target with CSS the subscribe form belonging to each individual membership.

Next, I added a dynamically-generated class attribute to the <td>s that surround the form's fields. This allows me to show custom fields relevant to certain memberships and hide the fields from memberships where the fields have no relevance.

Here's the basic idea:

In: com_rsmembership/views/subscribe/tmpl/default.php

Find this code on or around line 261:
<form method="post" class="rsmembership_form" action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsmembership&task=validatesubscribe'); ?>" name="membershipForm" onsubmit="return validate_subscribe();" id="rsm_subscribe_default_form">

replace it with this:
<form method="post" class="rsmembership_form" action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsmembership&task=validatesubscribe'); ?>" name="membershipForm" onsubmit="return validate_subscribe();" id="rsm_subscribe_default_form">
<!-- Add unique ID based on membership ID -->
<div id="subscribe-membership-id-<?php echo $this->membership->id; ?>">

Then on or about line 400 add a closing DIV tag just before the closing FORM tag:
</div> <!-- END: unique ID based on membership ID -->
</form>

Next, add some class attributes to the <td>s that contain fields and labels. I could not figure out how to get the field ID, which would be the best way, but getting the field label name is a rough but workable second best.

On or about line 328, replace this:
<td width="30%" height="40"><?php echo $field[0]; ?></td>
<td><?php echo $field[1]; ?></td> 

with this:
<td class="<?php echo $field[0]; ?>" width="30%" height="40"><?php echo $field[0]; ?></td>
<td class="<?php echo $field[0]; ?>"><?php echo $field[1]; ?></td>

Again, I would rather have the field ID, but since I couldn't figure out how to echo it, and time is limited...

Now in the style-sheet I can hide whatever fields I want from any form. For instance, if I have a custom field with the label "University Name" and I want to hide it from the subscription form for membership ID 5, the CSS looks like so:
div#subscribe-membership-id-5 td.University.Name { display: none; }

Again, this is truly a quick and dirty workaround for my purposes. It won't work with required fields, but it's better than nothing. Remember to keep a changelog whenever making core source-file changes. :)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!