Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Paypal Subscription Cancellation Questions

Paypal Subscription Cancellation Questions 14 years 2 weeks ago #10260

Hey there,

I have set up my membership to create subscription memberships with PayPal.

Will I receive any notification within the system (not outside the system (e.g. the PayPal e-mail)) when a user cancels their subscription?

Also, do you have a method for the user to cancel their membership subscription on my site, or do I need to send them to PayPal to cancel?

Thanks!

-Matt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Paypal Subscription Cancellation Questions 14 years 2 weeks ago #10284

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

In the current version of RSMembership! the user cannot cancel a subscription from your site. Also, from PayPal, the user can only cancel recurring payments(in case a membership requires recurring payments). When he has subscribed for a membership he cannot cancel the transaction at PayPal even if the transaction was not accepted yet.

Re:Paypal Subscription Cancellation Questions 7 years 11 months ago #35125

• cholzsch
  • Fresh Boarder
I also have this question. Does the Paypal IPN send notification to the website on the cancellation of a subscription. I have just tried it, and while Paypal sends out notification via email, the transaction log in RSMembership does not reflect cancellation. This is not a real big problem though, as at least I get notification from Paypal. But, the only problem with that is, the field from Paypal (payer_id) is not logged into the database to be able to compare to subscriber to be able to disable them.

Paypal Subscription Cancellation Questions 7 years 9 months ago #35452

• andreic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

The subscription status from your site will not be affected by the cancellation made at the PayPal payment gateway. This functionality is already on our "To do" list and will be included in one of our future versions of the component. Unfortunately I cannot provide you with an estimate on when this will be released.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!