Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Pre-Sales: Membership vs Subscription

Pre-Sales: Membership vs Subscription 14 years 1 month ago #10011

• rrvision
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there, I notice at JED, RSMembership is listed under memberships. There is also a category called subscriptions containing OSE, AEC, AMBRA, etc.

What is the difference between memberships and subscriptions? Note: I am not looking for very specific details but rather an generic sentence or two comparing them.

Thanks for your help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre-Sales: Membership vs Subscription 14 years 1 day ago #10373

(bumped)

As best I can tell, most people are using RSMembership to handle sites such as RSjoomla's own site, where someone is buying a license to use protected download content.

That would seem to me to be the "Subscription" model, and it appears RSmembership is sufficient for this purpose.

The Membership model I need is a means to protect access to a set of community components and pages. Unless someone has joined the site, there should be no access to the forum, social networking pages, blogs, newsletters, downloads, photos, etc. I am interested in some advanced features but won't distract the question.

Has anyone put RSMembership to use in this role with success?
Last Edit: 14 years 1 day ago by jon.milan. Reason: "components and pages" - clarification

Re:Pre-Sales: Membership vs Subscription 13 years 11 months ago #10386

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

RSMembership! already incorporates what you are looking for: content management. On each configured membership you can set up URLs that can be accessed only if you have an active membership. These can be set as singular URLs, based on sections, categories and even with certain rules, as described in the following video tutorials:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/tv/115-ep-22-how-to-add-url-restrictions-to-a-joomla-membership-site-with-rsmembership-using-the-%7B*%7D-wildcard

http://www.rsjoomla.com/tv/114-ep21-how-to-add-url-restrictions-to-a-joomla-membership-site-with-rsmembersip-using-the-%7B?}-wildcard
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!