Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects

RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects 14 years 3 months ago #9594

• erin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Has anyone used RSSeo and Joom!Fish together?

I have both installed on a 1.5.15 Joomla site. I can't manage my meta titles, descriptions, and keywords through RSSeo. When I save or apply my changes, through RSSeo, the content of those fields are erased. I can, however, manage the meta fields through the individual article, and the page title through the Menus.

I'm assuming my problem has to do with Joom!Fish.

I'm also having a problem where the SEO grade drops several times when I repeatedly refresh a page. I haven't made any modifications to the page, only hit refresh.

Some of my redirects don't work, some do.
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by erin. Reason: Having more problems
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects 14 years 2 months ago #9840

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of RSSeo (revision 6). Are you by any chance using sh404sef or another third party component that manages the SEO data ?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects 14 years 2 months ago #9853

Same problem here, and I have Joomfish also

Re:RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects 14 years 2 months ago #9934

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Please try downloading RSSEO! again from our site and install it over your current installation. If the problem persists then please submit a ticket regarding this issue.

Re:RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects 13 years 8 months ago #11103

Same problem here with Joomfish and rsseo. Cannot make modifications on pages/meta etc. got the latest version of rsseo and no other sef/seo running.

what's the solution ??

Re:RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects 13 years 8 months ago #11104

It's also very very sad that rsseo is not compatible with any sef solution. I've tried almost all the available sef extensions but rsseo can not work together with them.....even with the core system sef my url's are two kilometers long

tanameramedia wrote:
Same problem here with Joomfish and rsseo. Cannot make modifications on pages/meta etc. got the latest version of rsseo and no other sef/seo running.

what's the solution ??

Re:RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects 13 years 8 months ago #11130

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

I think you got it all wrong... RSSeo! does work with any SEF component as long as there is no other plugin/component that overwrites what RSSeo! does.

As for Joomfish issue... just empty the cash and set the meta data. You should always empty the cache before making meta data adjustments (no matter what SEO component are you using).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:RSSeo! and Joom!Fish, SEO Grades, Redirects 13 years 3 months ago #12547

We had a similar issue with our site that we resolved. Maybe this thread will help you:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/forum/...seo-pages.html#12546
Drupal module and theme development Freelance Drupal Developer

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!