Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Sitemap won't generate anything

Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 4 months ago #9180

When I click the Sitemap generator I get this message:

"Please make sure that /sitemap.xml and /ror.xml files exist in "/home/jalamawi/public_html" and are writable"

How can I make sure the file exists already when I'm trying to use the Sitemap Generator to make the sitemap for me in the first place? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 4 months ago #9219

• trygve
  • Fresh Boarder
You say it is free and I wanted to try it...RSSEO... I downloaded it as freeware, but never get the code and can not try it. -nothing work without paying... It was a lie!!! :-( I never come back !

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 4 months ago #9221

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

RSSeo! was initially free of charge... but you could only set meta data to menu items. On the request of our users we have extended the functionality to what it is today ( a complete seo tool). The component is indeed commercial, as advertised on the JED. We offer a demo installation so you can get a look and feel of the component.

I am sorry you feel this way.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 2 months ago #9744

Hi,

Is there a solution for the question this threado was originally about? I mean the sitemap issue. I have the exact same problem - when trying to "generate sitemap" it does not get generated but instead I get the above mentioned line asking for sitemap.xml and ror.xml -files

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 2 months ago #9745

Hi,

I found the way to do it and put it in here in case some one else is wrawling with same problem:

You need to create those 2 files yourself. So create 2 empty files, name them sitemap.xml and ror.xml and put them to your site root.

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 2 months ago #9746

One more add..

I ran the create sitemap, but it generates bad xml - cannot be viewed by browser nor the google.

I will not put a ticket on this I hope upkeep finds this in here. I will get some other tool to create the sitemap..

By the way might make easier to read the forum without those automessages after every post..

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 2 months ago #9747

I seem to post too soon.. I took a look at the generated XML file and found out that there becoms extra "</urlset>" to the last row. Delete it and you are OK.

I suppose that bug will be gone in the next releases..

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 2 months ago #9759

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of RSSEO! (revision 6). You can refer to this article from the documentation of the component were it is explained how you can update RSSEO! :

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...-updating-rsseo.html

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 2 months ago #9792

Yes, naturally I was using the latest version. That problem is at the latest version, and explained above with the fix. Maybe you can change it for future releases so that manual fixing is no longer needed.

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 2 months ago #9844

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

The reason my colleague suggested to make sure that you are using the latest version is because we have tested this... and could not replicate this issue on our test servers.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 1 month ago #10059

I can confirm that the double </urlset> at the end of the xml file still exists in the very latest version. I purchased yesterday and created my sitemap today - I had to fix the error manually.

It would be great no to have to do this - any chance of a fix guys?

Re:Sitemap won't generate anything 14 years 1 month ago #10192

Here's what you need to do fix this issue:

In order to create a sitemap using RSSeo! you will first need to enable canonicalization first. You can do this by going to Extensions > Plugin Manager > System RSSeo! > Canonicalization.

Next you will need to perform a crawl of your site. To do this you will need to go to Components > RSSeo! > Settings > Crawler and set the crawler options, then go to Components > RSSeo! > Crawler and click "Initialize crawler". After the crawl of your site is finished please try generating a new sitemap from Components > RSSeo! > Sitemap.

Cheers,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!