Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: cannot change page title

cannot change page title 14 years 5 months ago #9117

Hello,

I´m on Pages, and want to change the page title, then clic on the page title I want to change, a window opens, I change the title, clic save, goes back to Pages and the title has not changed.

Anyone please help. Thanks, Inigo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 5 months ago #9124

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

I have tried to change the title of a page on our test server and it worked. Are you using the latest revision(rev 4)? If not please refer to this article :

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...-updating-rsseo.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 5 months ago #9128

• leo.vonk
Hello,
Same problem here, This problem occurs only on some articles, not to all articles.
Anyone a solution?
Regards,
Leo

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 4 months ago #9151

• andreic
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

Please submit a ticket regarding this problem.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 4 months ago #9171

Hi. I have exactly the same problem and have created a ticked, please advise.

I save the new title and bit keeps appending the Global Co figuration Screen site name to the title, it appends it more than once, meaning that title is duplicated or triplicated.

The url... is www.thewebsitedesigncompany.co.za/

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 4 months ago #9276

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

This is most likely generated because of your template. You should check if your template's index.php file or configuration file contains something like this:
$this->setTitle($mainframe->getCfg('sitename').' - '.$this->getTitle());

If this is the case it would be best to comment it.
Regards,

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 3 months ago #9469

I have just downloaded the rsSEO (after paying for it in full!) and the only version I can download is version 1.0.0.

It seems that everytime I view a page's meta description,page title etc it goes back to whatever it wants to within a few minites.

Moreover, the page title keeps duplicating the text everytime I save the page changes.

I feel the version I have has bugs in it. But I cant find any patched or later releases than 1.0.0.

Can anyone help?

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 3 months ago #9476

• alexp
Hello,

Indeed the product version is 1.0.0, but revision 5.

This issue has been address in the product documentation here:

[url]
http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/73-troubleshooting/357-getting-duplicate-page-titles-when-making-changes-to-a-page.html
[/url]
Regards,

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 2 months ago #9743

I read the instructions on this subject under the troubleshoot (your link above does not work by the way, I suppose this is same):

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...anges-to-a-page.html

- I do not have in templates index.php file the mentioned sitename add to the title
- I do not have Artio joomSEF, sh404SEF or any other SEF extension installed, nor the title manager plugin or any other extension for that either.
- There is nothing either in template settings related to this
- The Enable site name in title -setting ir rsSEO is set to "no"

What else could be done?
I understand that other tools might cause this, but then again this is under rsSEO that this problem appears -> it is rsSEO that is adding the site name to the title and multiplying it. So I guess it is someting within rsSEO that needs to be changed - but what?
I did not go through the component code at admin side yet, but I suppose this could be fixed by changing something little there with the code that saves those titles.

A ticket can be raised, but then again I hope you could answer here too so that others could more easilly find the answer too. And it seems this problem is not site or template spesific, but more general.

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 2 months ago #9757

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of RSSEO! (Revision 6). If the problem persists please submit a ticket regarding this problem.

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 2 months ago #9791

Yes naturally I was using the latest version, it would be unwise to report a problem when using an old version.
Before raising a ticket I will try to dig a little deeper the problem. Anyway it is clearly not one site or customer problem but more general (tickets usually refers to one spesific site where the problem appears, and this is not the case with this problem - multiple users have reported this concerning multiple sites)

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 2 months ago #9843

• alexp
Hello,

We faced such scenarios before. As previously mentioned this is most likely generated by a template issue. The resolution to most of them was posted in my earlier reply. Another common issue is that you might have installed a third party SEO component that overrides the title of the page.

Hope that this will help, on where to start digging.
Regards,

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 2 months ago #9852

I am also unable to change the meta titles with RSseo (Licensed version). The server we are using have all the requirements written in the RSSeo documentation.

When I hit "Save" it's written that the file is saved but the changes aren't applied... :(

I have tested with others templates that comes with Joomla by default and the same problem happens so it's not a template matters.

I don't have any SEF engine installed on this website, we use the core SEF configs.

Please help! :huh:

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 1 month ago #10021

same here. ruled everything out but still no solution. who has the solution ?

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 1 month ago #10033

• alexp
Hello,

Please submit a ticket to tech support, so one of my colleagues can you help you resolve this issue.
Regards,

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 1 month ago #10074

I have the same problem. Clean install of Joomla using milkyway template, nothing installed in the way of SEO, apart from RSSEO.

I have a 404 error appear as a title, which I cant change. Titles just wont save at all.

This indicates a problem with RSSEO, as mentioned previously, many others have this same problem. Therefore, is a solution to this available for others using these forums. I would rather not submit a ticket, as I believe its important for others to know the solution.

Thats the whole point of forums.

If an answer for the members isnt posted here, then why not?

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 1 month ago #10276

• mmyhre
  • Fresh Boarder
Same problem here. Just bought the version for 49€

Looking for a solution.

Re:cannot change page title 14 years 4 weeks ago #10282

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Please make sure that you have cache disabled on your site from Plugin Manager > System Cache and from Global Configuration > System. Also please delete the remaining cache from Tools > Clean Cache.

If the problem persists, please submit a ticket regarding this issue.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!