Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: database visitors table is 320mb what does it do?

database visitors table is 320mb what does it do? 8 years 1 month ago #34574

• john.hubickey
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
We had left "Track Visitors" turned on in options for RSSEO.
I noticed that table in the database is over 300mb. It is the largest table, more than multiple times the size of the entire database put together.

We backed up the DB, turned track visitors off, and empty that table to see if it will help improve some access time issues we are having with the site. We've noticed that the page load times and some server access speeds from SEO analytics are slow.

I could simply wait and see if this change helps but was curious about the purpose of "track visitors". The site has a large number of redirects and pages and I am curious if the ENORMOUS visitors table could have been slowing down RSSEO/Joomla database queries/access times? What exactly does "Track Visitors" do? what is its benefit?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

database visitors table is 320mb what does it do? 7 years 3 months ago #36205

We had the same problem. I am not sure how the track visitors works. I will raise a support ticket to see if I can find out more.

database visitors table is 320mb what does it do? 4 years 11 months ago #39131

• jimhill10
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I make regular checks on my database and saw this gigantic table in there as well and had to empty it. There really should be a way provided in the back end to empty the RSSEO visitors tables without having to resort to running SQL:
TRUNCATE TABLE 	jkr_rsseo_visitors in MySQL
Jim Hill

database visitors table is 320mb what does it do? 4 years 11 months ago #39132

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

Enabling visitors statistics will normally save its data in your database and the amount of data collected increases over time proportionally to your visitors. An option on clearing visitors data is however provided (backend > Components > RSSeo! > Visitors > top "Delete All" button).
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimhill10

database visitors table is 320mb what does it do? 4 years 11 months ago #39135

• jimhill10
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks, I never noticed that button before because it is next to the button for clearing the cache from Regular Labs.
Jim Hill

database visitors table is 320mb what does it do? 3 years 1 month ago #40994

My question is:
If we clean the _rsseo_visitors table, this action will impact in sites load or not?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!