Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Encoding error i keywords and description

Encoding error i keywords and description 8 years 2 months ago #33962

Hi there,

For some reason i get encoding error in RSseo in the keyword and meta description field. Im using the latest version of both Joomla and RSseo and also the Swedish language pack for both joomla and RSseo. For example, the Swedish letter ö looks like this "ö", and the letter å looks like this "Ã¥"

Hope you could help me with this asap, this error damages my google ranking but not in a good way :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Encoding error i keywords and description 8 years 2 months ago #33970

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
This can be caused by several things. Is this occuring the backend area as well ? (Head over to Components > RSSeo! > Pages and edit a page - check out the meta data).

Possible causes:

- faulty collation set on the RSSeo! database tables (this should be set to utf8_generalCI)
- faulty encoding set on some of the loaded language files. You can test this by switching the default language (frontend) to English and see how it behaves.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!