Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Site Map and .XML Not working

Site Map and .XML Not working 11 years 1 month ago #22100

Hi Guys,
I've created a link to a page for a site map and linked it to the RSSite function. I've uploaded 2 files sitemap.xml and also ror.xml and permissions set to writable for both files.

Link to the sitemap page:
www.e-oz.com.au/index.php/base-menu/site-map
To see the PHP settings on our server please have a look at:
www.e-oz.com.au/phpinfo.php

Then when I go to RSSEO!>sitemap>xmlsite map generator
I only see the Generate Site Map option , If I click it the browser does something and stop's. It does not return any messages. In the sitemap.xml file all I see is :

'</urlset>'

and in the ror.xml file all I see is

</channel>
</rss></channel>

I have no idea what is causing this not to work, Can someone please advise why this is not working. I cant see any topics or subjects to troubleshoot such an issue.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Joe
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Site Map and .XML Not working 10 years 11 months ago #23261

Hi Joe,

I had the same problem and was going mad trying to figure it out. What worked for me was firstly setting the two XML files as permission 777 (like you). Then initiate a crawl on all my pages. Once finished go to the Pages tab, select all the pages to add to the sitemap.xml / ror.xml files and click the 'add to sitemap' button. Change file permissions back to 644.

This doesn't affect the HTML site map - just the XML ones.

Hope that helps you or someone else.

Cheers,
Bianca
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!