Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Database plugin problem with Joomla 2.5 and higher

Database plugin problem with Joomla 2.5 and higher 11 years 5 months ago #20332

• Jelte
  • Fresh Boarder
I got RSSeo to test it and I must say, I was impressed. Works beautifully. However, the price was a bit too high to prolong my membership.
I used it for a new 2.5 website, and it rocked the SEO scores. Great!
However, just before going live with the site I encountered a problem with an extension and had to enable debugging for Joomla. That's when I saw every single page gave multiple 500 errors. RSSeo plugin was the problem.
Now, it's not the end of the world, since everything works fine without debugging, but it's still not the way it should be.
Drilling the error I found that the RSSEO plugin tries to edit the _plugin database table. This database table has been deleted since joomla 1.5 and just isn't there. So essentially, every 2.5 install or higher will have this bug.

I checked your changelog but didn't find an update concerning this problem.
The php error is not really an option for me. The site should be flawless.

So, what are my options here? Should I get a new membership to be able to get a ticket to get rid of the issue? It really feels like the problem shouldn't have been there in the first place. Or did I do something really wrong? Could be, I'm still unfortunately not a genius... ;)

And if I have to renew my membership to get this fixed, will the problem be fixed? Is that a guarantee?

It has taken me quite a lot of time to optimize about a 100 pages. I really do not want to do it over again with another extension. Apart from the fact I love your extension anyway.

Advice please!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Database plugin problem with Joomla 2.5 and higher 10 years 10 months ago #23888

Was this ever resolved, we were in Pilot with RS SEO all worked fine for 2 weeks, then went into Production and now we have to disable it.

Issue with >64m file required when using the Plugin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!