Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Invalid sitemap

Invalid sitemap 11 years 5 months ago #20036

• info9607
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

When I try to create a sitemap.xml on my website nothing happens. No progressbar, no message, no error,...
When I check the file it has created it only contains a couple of lines with only </urlset> in it. That's all.

It's a Joomla 2.5 website and the site is installed on a subdomain.

Kind regards.

Jan Buskens.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Invalid sitemap 11 years 5 months ago #20045

Same happens to me.

Could it be something related to the connectivity?

Invalid sitemap 11 years 5 months ago #20227

• avogel
  • Fresh Boarder
Same issue here... a proper sitemap.xml is not created, the crawler does not work.

Check www.flexicam.com/sitemap.xml or www.flexicam.com/ror.xml!

Using Joomla 3.0.2 with latest RSSeo version.
Dual language setup (english/german).

Invalid sitemap 10 years 11 months ago #23262

I had the same problem and was going mad trying to figure it out. What worked for me was firstly setting the two XML files as permission 777. Then initiate a crawl on all my pages. Once finished go to the Pages tab, select all the pages to add to the sitemap.xml / ror.xml files and click the 'add to sitemap' button. Change file permissions back to 644.

This doesn't affect the HTML site map - just the XML ones.

Hope that helps you or someone else.

Cheers,
Bianca

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!