Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 11 years 8 months ago #18711

I am receiving the following error when I hit the Test Google Connectivity button on the RSSeo Overview page. I have verified my account with Google using two verification methods. The message says to report the error text to Google but there does appear to be a way to do that. Has anyone else resolved this issue? Thanks, Stephen

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /tbr?client=navclient-auto&ch=61885393101721544834&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rsjoomla.com from this server. (Client IP address: 66.206.89.141)

Please see Google's Terms of Service posted at www.google.com/terms_of_service.html

If you believe that you have received this response in error, please report your problem. However, please make sure to take a look at our Terms of Service (www.google.com/terms_of_service.html). In your email, please send us the entire code displayed below. Please also send us any information you may know about how you are performing your Google searches-- for example, "I'm using the Opera browser on Linux to do searches from home. My Internet access is through a dial-up account I have with the FooCorp ISP." or "I'm using the Konqueror browser on Linux to search from my job at myFoo.com. My machine's IP address is 10.20.30.40, but all of myFoo's web traffic goes through some kind of proxy server whose IP address is 10.11.12.13." (If you don't know any information like this, that's OK. But this kind of information can help us track down problems, so please tell us what you can.)

We will use all this information to diagnose the problem, and we'll hopefully have you back up and searching with Google again quickly!

Please note that although we read all the email we receive, we are not always able to send a personal response to each and every email. So don't despair if you don't hear back from us!

Also note that if you do not send us the entire code below, we will not be able to help you.

Best wishes,
The Google Team

/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/
i0qcPviaypr8qeaV_6zhZ23xm9LBHD0aQewTScCwbB502GcTE
l2iYix_sEyLAFFs6VhH-sIj17XyqDjNmOyckR_FiM5ok2M3Nw
ILgf7jlGBUcPHhbPkFx2Nv0ElsS2LSQB53ZpwDZCBmUdewM0e
_HTDIEKRJojv_5uyNkGkTSxmndRDha43vGHvif2WBA9Q-GKO1
rQBiG3G9O6tM1kLWUHfyutncwZd0zVQdvkNbt6iNZqS9JEAA7
8gGAVYLLGiWqkom1e5IaIQZ7FFUVWagC8CHtpQ-qXXXMiR_CN
9GBKHKEVw_n6qrqy9oMJZh2Rz9N-Ka3hyoye6M8sM4Rn7Mzk1
z_YUEnx2qbA7_WR6gDxi4KKQO3_1TS35-j90Yl75CxOyvp3-K
mxT9pNfLHV-cZSLXPzD4e9e6n2XL01Q5Jlq-ggGzGxZs1T7Tb
49PsYXAOIO0nfTKC4NinwL9PlHl0M5bckOIlEeKcUekmldaQM
QMaCqaUsWjFhQ6_--3aJZi2_-mf0-OAI81aoSVn0XYhca9jFa
dk_5prJDJknijcDfS4Qs1bJDf5gkIw1KkMyAPc8USg33xFAJG
2_2jb55UebJM2JrLAW_ns7xK5KermbeBsaLSQvYxoqkau4u82
BTqDEnewv87VmrS02LdEgEy5tnL5i-ibC_41ZXvyK2xgbsrNk
afVvm_GIzPQBcV-jQGOjJvZXdHrgHcKp-h6Sp7wrZqNVGXo9e
IpwacVUrtzsw7awp1OWx5VusghjUXOtflkYSUtxe3DrKyD_MI
RrJeyVsZ8WNA8rRH5HikdIBbx_O7QWh55pj55M3BJUNCYUYaG
GunaZxqe86Pz7YFOhr6wrTttIKt_Hox3CyJ6smihkvVaAsqsS
qnPNznkdzh86r3N1JiTnYQfRGNze3ivzitHv2AFBKdoMX2owZ
B8dYOxqiDYEyCzcUE77BzkC3RJMSvZ_0qdN7EzrmzzZaiK6hE
7jIVLlsm-4QSf5LvKXgz1SXszWyQSQ8KsngawQgeE0XZWMTlu
optZ6tCxQtX
+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 11 years 6 months ago #19486

• sales07
  • Fresh Boarder
I get this error as well. I haven't found a solution, have you?

Re: RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 11 years 5 months ago #20203

• Jerzy
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same error.

Can support show any possible solution for this?

Thanks

Re: RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 11 years 4 months ago #20660

Hello,

I have asked RSJoomla! to look at this topic.
I have the same problem on 14 different websites, for different customers.
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html

Re: RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 11 years 4 months ago #20672

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done from an RSSeo! point of view. The restriction itself is provided by google.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re: RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 11 years 4 months ago #20693

I have the same problem on 7 different websites.

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 11 years 3 months ago #20760

I have the same problem

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 11 years 3 months ago #20812

Also the same problem, any solution ?

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 10 years 6 months ago #25319

• sjimmy78
  • Fresh Boarder
I experience the same problem!

When i am in de rsseo dashboard i click on google connectivity and then i get a Google 403 Error...

Does anybody can help?

There are many others facing this problem, so i would suggest that rsjoomla could give us an answer, without pointing to google... :(

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 10 years 6 months ago #25325

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
If Google rejects the connection, what can our extension do about it? It's that simple. You're asking for something that's beyond our control.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 10 years 6 months ago #25340

• sjimmy78
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your answer, but that didn't help me rightaway...

I reported to google and this was their answer:

"Typically this error occurs if you are attempting to send automated queries to Google which is a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines. If you are receiving this message for another reason, please specify the reason."

So probably it has something to do about automated queries that rsseo sends out.
Now i have to find out how to cope with this problem.

Is there a setting to switch this automated sending queries off?

In the meantime i will search for it... But if you have an answer for this, please reply!

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 10 years 5 months ago #25561

• sjimmy78
  • Fresh Boarder
Still i have this problem with error-403 while clicking on Google Connectivity in the dashboard of RSSEO

I see that this topic has the most viewers of all, so that means that a lot of webdevelopers must have this problem too. The RSjoomla staff is noticed by this problem, but they are pointing, everytime i mention this, to google.

My thoughts:
RSjoomla, don't easily blame google, just give us a good answer, or better, a good solution to solve this problem please.

Waiting for a GOOD Solution, just like about 1200 other webdevelopers.

Thank you in advance.

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 10 years 3 months ago #26024

• tpurcell
  • Fresh Boarder
Has there been any update to this issue? The 403 error message page has a "Report" link that's dead.

When I run the RS compatibility report I get this error:
i.imgur.com/fStu1GH.jpg

However I did not receive this error PRIOR to installing RSSeo --- So RSSeo somehow caused whatever blocking of my website by Google. This is a problem RSJoomla should straighten out. I have no recourse, my hosting provider (CloudAccess.net -- a very Joomla focused hosting co) says its a problem with the plugin.

The RSSeo error message says "solve the issue" can anyone clarify WHAT this issue is? A problem with how RSSeo queries the google API perhaps? There's a problem and its clearly shared by many customers using this plugin. Simply blaming it on Google is pretty foolish without some further explaination.

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 10 years 1 month ago #26829

• vojkanbg
  • Fresh Boarder
I also have this issue.
Simply stating "It isn't our, it is your and Google's fault" without any further explaination on how this problem can be solved is not professional.
Please update your software.

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 10 years 1 month ago #26948

• mikekiy
  • Fresh Boarder
I have just encountered this issue for the first time and have RSSEO on all my sites. Any more info available? Does anyone have the link to Google to report this as the report link goes to a Page Not Available.
Thank you.

RSSeo Test Google Connectivity -- Google Error 403 8 years 10 months ago #31348

• kevin.morrison
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Here is the answer guys, not sure why the RS team is acting like Google and being vague and totally unhelpful and in fact from the resources I have looked at and a 30 minute chat I had with a Google tech neither of us could even figure out how this tool works or what it is doing? He told me the only way to find out if a site is having issues is to run it through Fetch as Google tool. Which requires you to setup the domain, download a file and upload it to the site in question in order to test the fetch functionality. Which based on these steps shows that whatever RSSeo thinks it is doing it cannot possibly be generating any factual data. The result is that the check connectivity tool is a farce, so dont worry about it and in fact just dont use it because it cant work for whatever it is the developer thinks it is for.

Prior to finding this information out I tested a dozen or so sites across 5 servers that I run and found that on 3 of them I get this error. In fact on 3 of the sites that failed RSSeo test they are on the same IP and two of which are in the same domain space. So this alone shows there is no congruence with the tool and is what led me to dig deeper.

What I found based on what this tool thinks it is doing is for Google bots crawl & render ability. I am including the documents and information how to do this properly on your site to test the REAL functionality of whether or not your site is having issues with Google.

Start here to get an understanding about how this all works and follow along and you will get to the tool to test your sites ability through the Fetch as Google tool.

support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6066467?rd=1

In essence people, if you have your site setup in Google Analytics and it is collecting data and you are not getting a connection error then you have no issues to worry about. Personally I found it more fun to piss into the wind as to make any sense out of the crap reply here from the RSJoomla team. Clearly they don't know how to say we screwed up and included a tool that is totally worthless. In all my years using the extensions from RSJoomla I have yet to hear one time that they got it wrong and instead all we hear is they are always right even though they are not. The only reason I let that slide is because they do make awesome tools. Its just to bad they cant admit they are still only human and that they are far from perfect!

I would like to recommend the removal of this tool from RSSeo as it is totally 100% a fraud. Seems to me the only reason it is there is because you was desperate to have something there to balance out the row. Know this RS team, unlike you we are not that anal and we don't care if a row of three tools only has two in it. Better that than to have a fake tool that sends people reeling for absolutely no reason at all and top that off with the fact your forum team is either clueless what the thing is supposed to do or know's its worthless and that is why they reply with some lame ass reply like was done here!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!