Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: site on localhost redirects to live site

site on localhost redirects to live site 12 years 4 months ago #15717

• gbr1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I have RSSeo running on a life site.
I installed an akeeba backup of the life site on my localhost for development purposes.
Now when I want to open the site on the localhost it redirects to the life site, both admin and frontend.

I tried entering the localhost domain in configutayion.php $live_site. Didn't help.

What can I do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: site on localhost redirects... - SOLVED 12 years 4 months ago #15723

• gbr1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Now I have got help from the support team, I want to share the solution.

Scenario:
Your site redirects to your old URL after you have done a backup and restored this to a new URL.

Reason:
Most likely it is because you have activated Canonicalization in the RSSeo System Plugin.

Solutions (for 1.7):
1. disable the RSSeo System plugin before you backup your site.
2. if you have not done so, you can make following changes to the database on your NEW server:
Go to table _extensions and find row 'System - RSSeo'. There in the params field, set enablecan":"0" and "domain":""

This should do the trick.

If you are on a 1.5 install, you'll find the row 'System - RSSeo' in the table _plugins.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Cheers
gerhard
Last Edit: 12 years 4 months ago by gbr1. Reason: mark solved in title
The following user(s) said Thank You: anil_sagar

Re: site on localhost redirects to live site 12 years 2 months ago #16459

gbr1 - many thanks for posting this solution. I have been looking for an answer for this for almost 2 days now..:-)...kept focussing on htaccess, index.php and config files....

Had to apply a small tweak to your solution. In my case, it's joomla 1.5. The error was sure due to canonicalisation but not due to RSSEO plugin. It was another row in the plugin table, called "System - Canonicalization".

Many thanks once again for caring to share the solution.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!