Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Duplicate content

Duplicate content 12 years 5 months ago #15255

• Athunder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Folks,

I'm very new to SEO, I have got a question on what I would call duplicate content. Can someone please tell me what to do with these kind of stuff?

Samples
www.afgcric.com/about-us/item/105-icc-in...video-streaming.html

www.afgcric.com/news/item/105-icc-interc...video-streaming.html

Both linking to the same article, however, the first one totally misplaced.

the same goes for my front-page, www.afgcric.com/ and www.afgcric.com/index.php

I also have blank pages as these:
www.afgcric.com/live/gtopics.php?pid=88
www.afgcric.com/live/gtopics.php?pid=93
www.afgcric.com/live/gthreads.php?sid=104

Shall I just delete the ones I don not want in RSSeo? currently I've unpublished some of them
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Duplicate content 12 years 4 months ago #15604

• mihaela
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

This can be solved by using the latest RSSeo! feature - rel="canonical" attribute, included in revision 12.

You can find an in-depth video tutorial related to this on the RSJoomla! TV Channel:

Ep. 77 - How to specify the canonical version of a Joomla! page to prevent duplicate content

Regards!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FrischInBigD

Re: Duplicate content 12 years 4 months ago #15779

I also didn¿t know much about canonical URLS but in the video everything is well explained. Thank you =)
Billares Ecuador
Hotel Baños

Re: Duplicate content 12 years 2 months ago #16484

• sbevan7
  • Fresh Boarder
So the answer was great, I have the same problem - but does that mean that I have to go through all of my pages doing that manually so I can sort out my sitemap? I have something like 3,000 pages with mostly duplicate content - I have enabled SEFs in the RSseo sytem plugin - is there any way of doing this quickly, or should I just eliminate all the pages which aren't canonical? (which would be quicker than going in and specifying the canonical reference for each one of them)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Duplicate content 9 years 3 months ago #30104

If you need to check your Content Duplicate or not then you need a tool. Check Duplicate Content tools are very useful for teachers, students, webmasters etc. And these Checker Tool shows quick result.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!