Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSSEO plugin Enable canonicalization wrong domain

RSSEO plugin Enable canonicalization wrong domain 12 years 7 months ago #14850

• sales68
  • Fresh Boarder
When setting the "enable canonicalization" under RSSEO plugin how to fix the domain name if accidentally enter and save the wrong domain name here? For example if enter www.mysites.com (plural) but the actual site is www.mysites.com (singular) an easy mistake, now the site will redirect permanently to the wrong site, worse it seems the Joomla admin area and therefore that plugin can no longer be accessed since it does not exist on the accidental domain. When trying to access the joomla admin by typing in mysites.com/administrator it will redirect like this www.wrongsite.com/administrator. How to fix when this does happen. in both times I did it (dumb I know) I had to delete the database and reinstall a backup. If just mistype one letter it seems cannot access the joomla admin anymore to fix the problem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!