Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Keywords shouldn't link in own article

Keywords shouldn't link in own article 13 years 1 month ago #13104

Hi

For some time, I've been using another tool for automatically turning certain keywords into links.

I changed to you rsseo because it has some advantages compared to the other component, I was using - but it has two main disadvantages, that I would really like to encourage you to fix.

Lets say I have they keyword "ferrari" linking to an article about Ferrari.

The keyword should be active in every part of the site, EXCEPT for the article itself.

For Google AND for users, it's bad to read the article about Ferrari and the when you click the "ferrari"-keywords in that article.......... you're taken "back" to the same article. Makes no sense to anyone.

1. Please make it possible to avoid the links to be active in the page, they refer to.

Also, it doesn't make sense to have keywords active in H1-H5 headlines, as these are often A) links already or B) not where people would usually expect to find a link anyway.

2. Please make it possible to avoid having the keywords activated as links in H-formatted text like h1-headlines

What do you think about these two suggestions? :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Keywords shouldn't link in own article 13 years 3 weeks ago #13374

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

1.We will take your suggestion into consideration for our future revisions of RSSeo!.

2.The feature of preventing keywords from being added as links in the headings is already on our "To do" list and will be included in the next revision of our component.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Keywords shouldn't link in own article 13 years 2 weeks ago #13387

• rsmart
  • Fresh Boarder
You are free to use keywords but you should not overuse it because it can spoil the party and makes it look sneaky and spammy. The best thing that you can do is to add some variations, it will make it look natural.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!