Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Re-direct issue

Re-direct issue 13 years 11 months ago #10616

• ian7
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.

I'm trying to tidy up some of my duplicate links and have hit a snag...

This first redirect worked fine:

FROM: www.thedestinationlounge.co.uk/caribbean...best-price-guarantee
TO: www.thedestinationlounge.co.uk/best-price-guarantee

But this one doesn't:

FROM: www.thedestinationlounge.co.uk/index.php...l=beaches&Itemid=114
TO: www.thedestinationlounge.co.uk/beaches-resorts

...and once this command is published if I go direct to 'www.thedestinationlounge.co.uk/beaches-resorts', I get the following error:

'Too many redirects occurred trying to open “www.thedestinationlounge.co.uk/beaches-resorts”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.'

Any ideas what's happening?

Cheers,

Ian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Re-direct issue 13 years 8 months ago #11131

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Please make sure that you are using internal redirects only. For example (without the domain name in front):

To: ptah/here2

The error you are facing might be caused by having two different redirects from the same item.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!