Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Confused

Confused 13 years 11 months ago #10575

Hi

I'm jut trying to get to grips with this. One of the things I'm struggling with is the keywords. It says about making them bold or underline. I've tried this and it doesn't affect anything on the site that I can see. I've tried it with all lower case and the exact case of the phrase I've matched with.

Also, is there any way to get it to go through more pages. I'd like it to go through 20 pages instead of 10.

Regards

Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Confused 13 years 11 months ago #10590

• gwmbox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
andy.jacobs wrote:
I'm jut trying to get to grips with this. One of the things I'm struggling with is the keywords. It says about making them bold or underline. I've tried this and it doesn't affect anything on the site that I can see. I've tried it with all lower case and the exact case of the phrase I've matched with.

Check that you have not got a CSS that over-rides the work being done by RSSEO - that is usually the reason why it does not display. If your not using it try with Firefox and get Firebug installed, have a look at the text of a work you have set to bold or italic etc and see if there is another style that over-rides it.

I don;t use this myself as it makes too many pointless internal links or bolding etc which for me is very annoying when I read a website that does that. It provides little other benefit to your site.

andy.jacobs wrote:
Also, is there any way to get it to go through more pages. I'd like it to go through 20 pages instead of 10.

Yes there is an unlimited option, but why? 10 is even in most cases just too deep, I would recommend you stay with at most level 5. Your SEO is not going to be helped with unnecessary linking that provides little to no new content.

Cheers
If you don't ask....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!