Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Using Publish and Unpublish in RSSEO

Using Publish and Unpublish in RSSEO 14 years 1 month ago #10026

• flowta
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

RS SEO uses Publish and Unpublish on its menu items.

I believe that this is meant to determine whether or not the URL is inlcuded in RS SEO site maps and page assessment.

If this is correct then you should change these labels, as they are easily confused with Artilce Publish and Unpublish. Include and Ignore would be better options.

Please let me know if my assumptions are incorrect :)

Gary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Using Publish and Unpublish in RSSEO 14 years 1 month ago #10034

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Are you actually referring to the items from the "Pages" tab ? If this is the case... the publish/unpublish features are used for both sitemaps and meta data. If you set a meta data to a item and set it unpublished this will not appear in the frontend side.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Using Publish and Unpublish in RSSEO 14 years 1 month ago #10043

• flowta
  • Fresh Boarder
Thankyou

Yes, thats how I concluded it worked. And yes, I think this is confusing. Using Publish and Unpublish on the 'Pages' tab could easily be misinterpreted to refer to publishing the page.

Given that metadata 'status' is refered to in the table below, perhaps you could use active/inactive, or include/ignore instead?

Regards

Gary

Re:Using Publish and Unpublish in RSSEO 14 years 1 month ago #10065

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will take it into consideration for the future updates of RSSEO!.
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by bogdanc.

Re:Using Publish and Unpublish in RSSEO 14 years 1 week ago #10412

• heather9
  • Fresh Boarder
So, if someone deletes a page from this area it is not deleting the article, just removing it from what the crawler found?

Re:Using Publish and Unpublish in RSSEO 14 years 2 days ago #10441

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Deleting a page from RSSEO! > Pages does not delete the article that is contained by the page(nor modules or other content items), only deletes the page found by the crawler on your site.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!