Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Unsubscribe Links at base of email

Unsubscribe Links at base of email 14 years 6 months ago #8675

Hello,

The Change Subscription and Unsubscribe links that are automatically generated at the base of the email destroy the look of the email if you have a colored background. A large white panel, that extends the width of the email window with the links hard up against the left side of the window look terrible.

I could not send out emails looking like that, they look messy and unprofessional.

We need the option to style and position those links via CSS, or alternatively, we should be able to paste the code into the email itself and then style it.

Perhaps they should provide a few templates that work - that we can then change to suit our own requirements.

Does anyone else have an issue with the way the links look?

It is unfortunate that RSJoomla do not provide a trial version of the software, if they did, I would not buy it until this issue and a few others I have found were sorted out. As it is, you have to buy the software in order to give it a trial. I hope I haven't wasted my money.

Robin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Unsubscribe Links at base of email 14 years 6 months ago #8692

• bogdan
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello ,

Please keep in mind that RSMail! is a young project. We will add customization of the Unsubscribe link in our future extensions. As for the tryout version , you can always go to our demo site demo.rsjoomla.com/ to try our components.

Regards!
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Unsubscribe Links at base of email 14 years 4 months ago #9148

robin.jenkins wrote:
Hello,

The Change Subscription and Unsubscribe links that are automatically generated at the base of the email destroy the look of the email if you have a colored background. A large white panel, that extends the width of the email window with the links hard up against the left side of the window look terrible.

I could not send out emails looking like that, they look messy and unprofessional.

We need the option to style and position those links via CSS, or alternatively, we should be able to paste the code into the email itself and then style it.

Perhaps they should provide a few templates that work - that we can then change to suit our own requirements.

Does anyone else have an issue with the way the links look?

I've had the exact same issues without a solution for now. Further I have some issues with the unsubscribe feature, which I can't make work.

I'm pretty sure, that Bogdan and the others are trying the best they can, but to be honest, when I pay for an extension, I expect fast support and corrections.. and I don't feel that I'm getting this.

Cheers
Bo Dudek
Webdeveloper
Denmark

Re:Unsubscribe Links at base of email 14 years 4 months ago #9259

• andreic
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

You can choose to show or hide the unsubscribe link in the email in Components > RSMail! > Settings > Other > Mail Footer. You can also change the style and appearance by inserting CSS code in the "Message" textarea.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:Unsubscribe Links at base of email 14 years 3 months ago #9517

I guess you could build the unsubscribe message into the bottom of your message templates and switch off the master footer in the settings menu. That way you can control the look of it.

It occurs to me that I have a couple of mailing lists, and one of them is for members of our society and I don't really want them to unsubscribe, so I guess I can use the code wherever I want. It's the tags that are important.

Off to test my theory now!

Re:Unsubscribe Links at base of email 14 years 3 months ago #9519

Yep. That didn't work!

I still got the Unsubscribe message even though it was turned off in settings!

I love theories. Just wish they weren't so theoretical!

Re:Unsubscribe Links at base of email 14 years 2 months ago #9848

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Actually by turning off the Components > RSMail > Settings > Other > Show unsubscribe link in email it will only disable the replacement of the unsubscribe link placeholder. It will not disable the footer. If you wish to disable it... simply erase the content.
Regards,

Re:Unsubscribe Links at base of email 12 years 10 months ago #13995

Is there any further progress on this issue ? If you have any sort of coloured background to the message the white gap between the body of the messgae and the footer rather destroys the overall styling.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!