Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: One step unsubscribe

One step unsubscribe 8 years 2 months ago #34215

Can RSMAIL be configured to unsubscribe a user through what almost all systems permit: clicking on the unsubscribe link.

What I get is a landing page telling me that Im going to get an email to manage my unsubscribe request.

It seems to me that one of the reasons people want to unsubscribe is because they do NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY MORE EMAILS in their inbox. So surely sending them yet another email is precisely the wrong way to go about it.

I understand that a user might have a set of subscriptions, so you want to allow them form which to choose.
But the software should, IMHO, in order to competitive and function as it is expected, have an administrator option to employ a ONE STEP unsubscribe that bypasses sending a user another email to confirm what he has already confirmed by clicking.

The ability to have a one click unsubscribe is actually a feature that makes the difference, for some of my clients, between going with RSMAIL and any other system.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by jamiefowlie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

One step unsubscribe 8 years 2 months ago #34346

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Not quite. The email you are referring to is triggered when the user has unsubscribed. This can be useful as it includes an activation link as well.

The email itself can also be disabled from the RSMail! > Settings > Emails area.

Though no one click action for this, some workarounds are available.

1. Simply add a custom HTML form on the unsubscribe page. The module would contain a small Js that would automatically submit the unsubscribe form.

2. Create a template override for the following layout (and add a similar script):

components/com_rsmail/views/rsmail/default_view.php
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by alexp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!