Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Link in RSMail changes when email is send

Link in RSMail changes when email is send 8 years 5 months ago #32907

Hello,

We have made a message in RSmail with several links to another website of ours.
When we test the message, you can open the links at the right page.. but when we send a test mail to a random email account, the link turned suddenly in a different link

Namely: www.basisworks.nl/component/rsmail?sid=1...ZWw6MDYtNTI1NTcxMjM=

The program does this with every link in the message.. so we are a bit confused.
We do not work with Tine MCE but with JCE Editor. I already tried to skip the www, but even then the link turns into this link.

Please help!
Kind Regards,
Ernst van der Heijden
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Link in RSMail changes when email is send 8 years 5 months ago #32909

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
This is actually normal. RSMail! transforms the link so it can track how many click were performed on that link. Once the link is clicked, you will notice that you are actually redirected to the original URL.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Link in RSMail changes when email is send 8 years 5 months ago #32911

If this is normal. How is it possible that my customers keep linking to this page:

www.basisworks.nl/component/rsmail?sid=1...ZWw6MDYtNTI1NTcxMjM=

in stead of this page

basiswbi.nl/index.php?option=com_content...cle&id=10&Itemid=199
which is the URL that is mentioned in the email message.

I received several complaints that the link is not correct

Link in RSMail changes when email is send 8 years 5 months ago #32912

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
If your customers were to first open the URL and link to that one, it would be fine, but in the email, the RSMail! link is available.

This has nothing to do with the editor but with the RSMail! link tracking. You can notice that after an email campaign you can notice how many clicks were performed on each of your links.

There is no built-in option to disable this (this is a rather key feature for newsletter extensions). I can point out the source code were you can edit this, but i don't recommend it.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!