Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Absolute OR Relative URL in JCE/TinyMCE

Absolute OR Relative URL in JCE/TinyMCE 10 years 1 month ago #26982

Using RSMail and it worked great in J1.5 with older version. Now using in J3.2.3 with the latest version of RSMail and having issues with links and images.

When I set JCE/TinyMCE to Absolute URL the images show up perfect in emails sent to the users. However, the built in links like [sitenewsletter] adds the website address twice making it impossible for the user receiving the newsletter to visit the link. If I select Relative URL then [sitenewsletter] comes out OK but the image now has a relative URL and it does not show up in the emails.

I opened a ticket but seems like the developers don't have an answer yet.

Any one knows any any solution? Seems like a code change is needed.
The topic has been locked.

Absolute OR Relative URL in JCE/TinyMCE 10 years 1 month ago #26983

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
I opened a ticket but seems like the developers don't have an answer yet.

Please tell the truth. This is the reply you've received:
It has nothing to do with RSEvents!Pro or RSMail!. Both components save whatever HTML content you provide.

"[sitenewsletter]" returns the full URL, namely this: "site.com/url/here". JCE doesn't "know" this and it automatically adds the site address as well. My recommendation would be to disable this particular JCE option.

It's obvious that this isn't an issue with RSMail! but with your editor. And this can easily be tested by switching to "Editor - None" (which doesn't tamper with HTML code). You'll see that it works correctly.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: softcorner1

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!